• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5td vs. 24valve

tyler111991

Reaction score
Quite awhile back I was driving through traffic and a dodge 3500 ext cab dually pulled up next to me at a red light. Not sure on the year all i know is it was an automatic and the badge on it said 24 valve. We both took off at the same time and i pulled about 3-4 truck lengths on him before letting off at about 65mph. not brand bashing or anything, i would rather have had his truck instead of mine, but it was kinda nice beating something newer :)

You sure about that statement, or is more that you'd prefer the engine in his, not the truck, I know few folks ever admitting that they really liked a Dodge truck, more-so the reason it was purchased was because it had the Cummins in it.

He wasn't on it. I had both at the same time. My stock 24valve would beat my modded 6.5TD.

I don't know man, my slightly modded 6.5 would flat out WOOP sum CUMMINS A$$. I even got an 03 common rail with it, and I KNOW he was on it.

You sure about that statement, or is more that you'd prefer the engine in his, not the truck, I know few folks ever admitting that they really liked a Dodge truck, more-so the reason it was purchased was because it had the Cummins in it.

well chevys are the only vehicle i have owned so i dont know much from experience on dodge trucks haha. But the cummins motors are pretty nice. ive been helping my dad do a cummins swap in a 94 K3500 crew cab dually, it should be a pretty cool truck when its finished

Back