• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L td 1995 Gmc Yukon

ChicagoYukon95

Reaction score
New to the whole thread thing never done this ever ...but with all the help i need there is a first for everything ...i recently bought a rare truck i asume from everyone i talk to at the auto parts stores that im constantly having to go to recently...its a 95 yukon 6.5L td slt from California with zero rust with a professional installed veggie kit that i bought for $500!!!I couldnt pass it up got it to start with two new batteries and drove it home up until yesterday did it completely stop working i performed the lift pump test and the truck would not start since i really need some help ...i went and purchased a couple of the parts that need replacing lift pump ...glow plugs...i still need to buy a pmd and fuel filter... Did an oil change and replaced filter ...it has 226000 miles

Welcome to the site, congrats. That is a good price.

Is there power to the LP? The oil pressure sender (OPS) is where the LP gets it's power. The OPS could have gone bad.

Welcome. Let's see some pics so you can really make us feel jelous of the price.

Seriously pics so we can help determine if the po did some modifications that should be done or undone. The engine compartment, LP (lift pump) need to be included.

Veggie kits can be done nicely to really bad. Some "fuels" can tear up a LP. Look for a prefilter before the LP as well as heating units.

If you get the thing running I'll buy it for $600 :)

Sound like a nice one.
I would rig up a temp fuel supply using a 5 gallon can and LP. Plumb that to the FFM and see what you get. I ran veggie in mine and over time it plaqued (sp?) up the hard line from Lp to FFM. Had to blow it out.

Stay away from the mechanics, sell it to a member here. It appears to have a dent in the drivers door=worthless. :D

AK is likely right, Cali and Ill are different climates

Posted a couple of picks of the engine including one of the pmd ...also just put new batteries in 4 days ago and the truck is completly dead was wondering what i should change first of just replace the usual. Problem parts the last owner didnt do any maintenance

I don't see any standard upgrades (mods), so the previous owner was not super familiar with the 6.5.

The veg oil kit is a low dollar set up.

Follow Leroys advise, fuel straight to the ip from separate source. That outcome determines next action.

What? Illinois colder than Cali?
Cali and Ill are different climates

Not necessarily, it depends on where in Cali. Some places are like Illinois, and some get hotter than Nevada ;)

In terms of the no start, am leaning with the others about gelling, especially if it was shut down while running on the veggie. Must switch it back to diesel for a bit prior to shut down otherwise the fuel in the injection lines is pretty much too thick to start-up with when the fuel is cold.

Consider starting a thread in the Project Central area to get a feel of prioritizing the repairs and upgrades :)

The veggie kit thats installed hasn't been used for a couple of years..all the problems occurred while running on diesel... I never got around to connecting the wiring back up...would i still setup an alternative fuel source to test if the sock is clogged...also i noticed when i removed the cap the was a hiss of air coming out ....oh after i did the lift pump test on the truck i went to replace my lift pump and the gas tank side let out alot of air...???

Back