• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L Performance

Um, why the hmmwv condenser? If you need measurements of it, let me know.

Hopefully in a month mine will be comin out. Coleman polar cub powered via Honda genset.

I'm knocking around a few options the HMMWV condenser I saw on the bay was cfrom newer HMMWV cheap and big but like everything else I need to figure if something like that would even fit in front of the CAC/IC I'll be using as it's 30% larger core depth over the stock Ram CAC/IC.

Coleman maybe a good idea, I do see lots of surplus HVAC units (kits) for the HMMWV that are cheaper than Coleman, that honda genset will be mounted with high exhaust, or?

I will relocate the Trans, and Oil cooler as shown in the photos of Mr Leroy.........And, I will try to install the HMMWV Condenser RD-4-5857, has 32 Inch. He proves to be more efficient, because the lines 3/8 "follows on the inside..... What do you think?

Relocating the trans and oil coolers is an excellent idea. I did a little looking into the Hmmwv and Hummer condensers and found there are at least eight different different units. So I don't know that my measurements would help or confuse anyone, mine is a 1995 civilian Hummer -if it will help anyone, let me know.

I'll do a little right up when I install my "new "AC system. Friends of mine in the Corps of told me the AC system used in the hmmwvs that mounts on the rear of the slant back are fairly high maintenance, and the compressors suffer further from problems with the clutches, the body leaking, etc. so I don't want to get in all that.

Is it the one with fin/plate design, or?
My burb was ok o the highway but it warmed up at slower stop & go or idle it had factory aux oil and trans coolers blocking the condenser and no room for that 10" fan.
I think your talking about the capilary style which was factory on my 95. The style I'm running now is the one that is a bunch of tubes about 3/16" passing back and forth. It ties about 5 or 6 tubes together through a header, and keeps alternating through the tubes. It is a good bit thinner than the OEM capilary style due to it's increased efficiency. And I don't have the oil cooler out front since the DURAMAX has a liquid to liquid cooler mounted on the side of the block.

I think your talking about the capilary style which was factory on my 95. The style I'm running now is the one that is a bunch of tubes about 3/16" passing back and forth. It ties about 5 or 6 tubes together through a header, and keeps alternating through the tubes. It is a good bit thinner than the OEM capilary style due to it's increased efficiency. And I don't have the oil cooler out front since the DURAMAX has a liquid to liquid cooler mounted on the side of the block.
Man I'd love the part number for it for sure!

image.jpg
Relocating the trans and oil coolers is an excellent idea. I did a little looking into the Hmmwv and Hummer condensers and found there are at least eight different different units. So I don't know that my measurements would help or confuse anyone, mine is a 1995 civilian Hummer -if it will help anyone, let me know.

I'll do a little right up when I install my "new "AC system. Friends of mine in the Corps of told me the AC system used in the hmmwvs that mounts on the rear of the slant back are fairly high maintenance, and the compressors suffer further from problems with the clutches, the body leaking, etc. so I don't want to get in all that.
image.jpg

That's the condenser I was scoping out however it's very BIG and I don't think I would have the room for it, looks to be a 2" thick core too, I'll inquire.
Anyway, I'll relocate the Trans, and Oil cooler, so will have more space...... Take look another pics, on tape measure, you can see, arround 1-5/8 "thick.

Last edited:
Back