• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 turbo(gm4) on a 6.2

I put mine in the Pass manifold too. There is a nice little flat spot that looks like it's made for it. Use a 97+ 6.5 aircleaner(The round one). They are actually a really good airfilter.

100_0797.jpg

I tapped mine above the flat spot. Didn't think to make my tap there. :(
Anyway, the flat spot is visible in the pic above the casting marks.

well I've got 80% of my parts. still need to get a new feed line, gauges, exhaust pipes forsure. possibles are a fuel pump, injectors (will find out tomorrow), and new exhaust manifold bolts.

now for the more question part.
what size is the oil feed line?
Has anybody ever tapped it of the oil cooler lines as opposed to the OPS?

did some more hunting and found out there's a plug just above the oil cooler lines that was used for the banks setup. might be worth a look see. will post pics if I find it.

did some more hunting and found out there's a plug just above the oil cooler lines that was used for the banks setup. might be worth a look see. will post pics if I find it.

That plug will not come out easy. I tried om my 6.2 repower and wound up with the OPS tap. Quick, dirty, and works well!

I ran 14 PSI on my 6.2 with a ½ turn on the IP. That is a little high on the IP due to smoke. Felpro head gaskets and ARP studs. Going WOT for extended time to climb hills held together just fine.

If you knew how long it takes a mechanical fuel pump to get pumping and the risk of diesel in the oil… You will love an electric lift pump.

found the plug in there it's a 1/4" drive. getting to it might be a bit of a challenge. I'll wait until I get the manifold/cooler lines outta the way. I get to deal with both anyway. my luck with electric parts as less that great. if you can cook it, I will. so far I've destroyed multiply starters and I think I'm on the 3rd alternator now. the alternator doesn't work quite right but it'll do. now you see why I'm on the fence for an electric pump.

Fencesitters Anonymous

now you see why I'm on the fence for an electric pump.

Welcome to the fence.

I'm pretty certain my answer is going to be to add an electric pump, but leave the mech pump in place, cap the fittings to keep them clean, and hope that in the event of a lift pump failure, I can move the lines over to the mech pump to get home.

mech pump need to come out for the return line on the turbo. Electric is much better. The galley plug should come out. Mine was actually leaking. It can be done without pulling oil cooler lines.

Back