• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 to vm638

Trans tuning... Oh what fun! Timing adjustments... Runs smoother and better!

Peak egt so far: 1380. Unknown boost or drive pressure. More gauges needed!

Happy so far!

Well, maiden voyage has been successfully accomplished! 50 miles. No problems. Just need to fine tune the trans for my driving style.
Cruising egt 600 - 750. No boost gauge yet.
VERY happy so far!

Is it dragracing season yet?!!!

From time to time we run across a business that sells a great product, and has awesome customer service to back it up. We try to pass the word along on who is good, and who isn't.
As most of you know, I got the optishift trans controller for this project. I installed it, and it worked great, except for 1 small hiccup. I emailed them, and within 2hr, I had a reply. All fixed up and rollin!
Courteous, and helpful. These guys have it!!

In other news: after 100miles of driving, it became obvious that oil control was necessary in the breather area. It was throwing oil purty bad. So... today I fabbed 2 6.5 cdr on. 50 miles later, not a drop has escaped! Success!!

Todays pic. Notice the redneck oil control devices...

2013-02-15_15-38-26_893_zpse6f7538a.jpg

Working awesome so far. right around 20 mpg. Cumminsfever will no longer be posting . He was incarcerated monday so i will be carrying on with the projects myself. Will possibly have a friend/fellow forum member helping . Not sure yet whats happening. Gonna take a little time to work out things..... If you want details pm me.I'll try to answer questions .

Minimum 8 years. Right now my world is spinning round me. Just trying to take this one step at a time. Gonna finish his projects for him and make em run like he envisioned. Gonna be hard for me at times...

What a letdown. All that reading and suspense then, poof! He's in jail. What a bummer! I would have thought he wouldn't have time to get in trouble with all that work he was doing. Hope things work out in his favor.

Well, I've got the truck and plan on drag racing it some and seeing what it does. It won't sit still here. I'm just to busy at the moment to fix the couple little things that need attention. It's a hoot to drive .....

I'm home with a pinched nerve in neck and started reading this thread start to finish and boom, not how I expected thread to go. Sorry to hear about OP.

Back