• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 to vm638

That is one heavy duty looking flywheel! What torque convertor do you use?

It isn't much of a "flexplate". Half inch cold rolled steel isn't gonna give much.

Going with the same trans I've had, which has a recon converter. Yes, it will be screaming for mercy, I am aware!

Found out a leece neville 2800clrm fits rite on my engine. Happened to have one laying around. Shouldn't be any lack of voltage now!

So, the power steering pump that comes with these engines is too low flow to support hydro-boost and steering. But it has a 3 1/2" pulley. To make matters worse, it is a 5/8 keyed shaft. After days of research, I realised there are no pumps that flow enough, and have the keyed shaft. So... I got a pump for an 06 f350 ford with a 6.0, got the matching pulley, and took the center out of that pulley and machined the center out of my original, and made the needed pulley!!

Now, the engine is back in for the last time. Stay tuned for pics, fun, and all the good stuff that goes with repowers!!

So, the power steering pump that comes with these engines is too low flow to support hydro-boost and steering. But it has a 3 1/2" pulley. To make matters worse, it is a 5/8 keyed shaft. After days of research, I realised there are no pumps that flow enough, and have the keyed shaft. So... I got a pump for an 06 f350 ford with a 6.0, got the matching pulley, and took the center out of that pulley and machined the center out of my original, and made the needed pulley!!

Now, the engine is back in for the last time. Stay tuned for pics, fun, and all the good stuff that goes with repowers!!

Eagerly waiting!

VERY pleased to announce that it does run! No intake, no water. Just a test fire to make sure everything is still ok. Renewed inspiration to get this thing done and rollin!
Lots of little odds and ends to tie up yet. But, at least I can say it runs, and sounds VERY nice! Can't wait to go boost it up!

It runs, and it drives! MUCH trans tuning is required. But, it appears to be holding the power quite well! It isn't totally done, but it is done enuff that I can motor it around on its own power, and can get the trans tuned.
Also need to change timing. A bit too high for my liking.

I took a quick pic. No, it isn't finished. Got wires unloomed, pipes at wrong angles, and suchlike. But, it runs! Lemme scare that pic up here...

Here ya go guys. Give me time, I'll post more as it comes together better...
2013-02-09_18-04-27_858_zpsab13cad3.jpg

Looks pretty good from here, does it have noticeably more power than a 6.5?

Back