• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
Got the turbo yesterday thank you. One ? tho, I see you have a homemade turbo master on there did you have the black hose hooked up to anything?
The controller is made by racedaymechanic. I had the hose attached to a pre CAC/IC boost gauge to measure pressure drop across the CAC/IC however it normally goes to the Dodge Ram HX40 pressure gate controller points down that does not fit well on the 6.5td a Dodge Ram HX40 super controller points up and is more forgiving.

SEE: http://ptwiringsolutions.com/t/turbo-kits-and-waste-gate-controller

Last edited:
Sent you the payment via PayPal for the alternator bracket! Can you send the bolts for the bracket as well. I forgot to ask if you have the wiring for the alternator on the drivers side?

UPDATE LIST OF PARTS FOR SALE.

6.5 TD & OTHER CHEVY/GMC PARTS “USED” FOR SALE (AS OF 24 DEC 2016)

Parts are off of a 1999 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.5td “F”. All prices are + S&H, PM your zip code so I determine shipping cost to your AO, PAY PAL accepted.

Two (2) “GREY” Remote FSD (aka: PMD) used in good working order on cooler plates & few extra resistors and a modified hemostat for R&R of resistors, I ran redundant FSD’s (package deal will not break up) $215.

16 Mechanical Injectors for 6.5 diesel (8) w/new 304 nozzles & (8) for spare parts ‘none of the injector bodies are cracked’ (package deal will not break up) $165.

3” to 4” Stainless Hearthrob turbo downpipe used $40.

Energy Suspension 3.111 6R GM for “Small Block Chevy” clam shell styled motor mounts for 4wd (1) new & (1) ‘slightly used’, I was misled on the fitment and I had installed one on the 6.5 and found out it was not the right one “these are not for the 6.5td or 454” $30.

Throttle pedal assembly w/good sensors ‘drive by wire’ $50.

Charge Air Cooler (aka: intercooler) mounts between front chassis rails complete from turbo compressor outlet & back to intake (bulky consider this for S&H) $200.

Fuel filter manager with water sensor, heater used with new larger sized fuel filter $40.

Hayden med-truck fan clutch (spin on type) “cooling upgrade” has 112% more engagement area than the severe duty 6.5 fan clutch excellent shape $40.

HO water pump good condition used only waterless EVANS coolant no EGW (spin on fan type) (steel fan available at extra cost) 1999+ 6.5 $50.

Dual thermostat coolant crossover assembly w/temp sensor & spare stats $40.

Intake manifold (non-EGR) upper & lower “upper is trimmed for bigger turbo install” can be used w/any of the usual GM turbo’s with extended hose $80.

Front accessory brackets (both sides) late model 6.5 has the rear bracket for dual alternator install (no front gen/alt bracket) (heavy so consider this for S&H) $125.

Belt tensioner good condition used $20.

DS4 injection pump 5521 ‘good to fair condition’ $200.

6.5 starter “REMI” used good condition $60.

There are some other separate listings in the for sale section

I have not stripped down the 6.5 yet and there may be good parts as well as the side-mount turbo exhaust manifolds (no x-over pipe).

UPDATE LIST OF PARTS FOR SALE.

6.5 TD & OTHER CHEVY/GMC PARTS “USED” FOR SALE (AS OF 24 DEC 2016)

Parts are off of a 1999 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.5td “F”. All prices are + S&H, PM your zip code so I determine shipping cost to your AO, PAY PAL accepted.

Two (2) “GREY” Remote FSD (aka: PMD) used in good working order on cooler plates & few extra resistors and a modified hemostat for R&R of resistors, I ran redundant FSD’s (package deal will not break up) $215.

16 Mechanical Injectors for 6.5 diesel (8) w/new 304 nozzles & (8) for spare parts ‘none of the injector bodies are cracked’ (package deal will not break up) $165.

3” to 4” Stainless Hearthrob turbo downpipe used $40.

Energy Suspension 3.111 6R GM for “Small Block Chevy” clam shell styled motor mounts for 4wd (1) new & (1) ‘slightly used’, I was misled on the fitment and I had installed one on the 6.5 and found out it was not the right one “these are not for the 6.5td or 454” $30.

Charge Air Cooler (aka: intercooler) mounts between front chassis rails complete from turbo compressor outlet & back to intake (bulky consider this for S&H) $200.

Fuel filter manager with water sensor, heater used with new larger sized fuel filter $40.

Hayden med-truck fan clutch (spin on type) “cooling upgrade” has 112% more engagement area than the severe duty 6.5 fan clutch excellent shape $40.

HO water pump good condition used only waterless EVANS coolant no EGW (spin on fan type) (steel fan available at extra cost) 1999+ 6.5 $50.

Intake manifold (non-EGR) upper & lower “upper is trimmed for bigger turbo install” can be used w/any of the usual GM turbo’s with extended hose $80.

Front accessory brackets (both sides) late model 6.5 has the rear bracket for dual alternator install (no front gen/alt bracket) (heavy so consider this for S&H) $125.

DS4 injection pump 5521 ‘good to fair condition’ $200.

6.5 starter “REMI” used good condition $60.

There are some other separate listings in the for sale section

I have not stripped down the 6.5 yet and there may be good parts as well as the side-mount turbo exhaust manifolds (no x-over pipe).

Do you still have that intake ? I'm very interested

tell me more about the injectors.

Are all the bodies german bosch?

What brand are the new nozzles? how many miles on them?

I assume you bought a second set of injectors to rebuild, swapped them out, and kept the originals to rebuild in the future?

tell me more about the injectors.

Are all the bodies german bosch?

What brand are the new nozzles? how many miles on them?

I assume you bought a second set of injectors to rebuild, swapped them out, and kept the originals to rebuild in the future?

All Bosch bodies & 8 new aftermarket nozzles w/25 miles on them, the other set of the bodies include everything but nozzles. The mileage on the nozzles was test run into town and back a few days before the flood here.

I found a heavy branch among many in the flood surge which fast as hell had pushed the tubing from the CAC (lower chassis mounted) to the intake off so when I started the 6.5 to try and leave it sucked lots of water hydro locking the diesel.

1 set of bodies are originals I had rebuilt myself a few times the other set was from Heath w/311 Bosch marine nozzles.

I can include the injector socket for $25. extra or make me an offer if interested.

S&B air-box insulated w/1.4k heat barrier, top cover was modified for cowl type scoop however making a new cover would be easy, has full 4" runner from filter to compressor "perfect for HX40 install" however by using a reducer it can fit on 6.5td, has CDV hose $70. + S&H. DSCI0009.JPG

6.5 TD & OTHER CHEVY/GMC PARTS “USED” FOR SALE (AS OF 14 JAN 2017)

Parts are off of a well maintained 1999 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.5td “F”. All prices are + S&H unless otherwise noted, PM your zip code so I determine shipping cost to your AO, PAY PAL accepted.

Shipping to: US mainland, Hawaii, PR, Alaska and other US territories only.

Two (2) DS130D GEN/ALT’s 105 AMP for 6.5TD application w/proper sized pulleys for tach. $100.00 “shipping & handling included (ground) USA mainland only” other US area’s S&H extra.

Energy Suspension 3.111 6R GM for “Small Block Chevy” clam shell styled motor mounts for 2 or 4wd (1) new & (1) ‘slightly used’, I was misled on the fitment and I had installed one on the 6.5 and found out it was not the right one “these are not for the 6.5td or 454” $30.

AMSOIL Dual bypass oil filtration manifold, reusable steel AN hose ends and 6.5td oil-filter block adapter. $200.00

Fuel filter manager (FFM) with water sensor, heater used with new larger sized fuel filter (no FTB mod) $40.

Hayden #2784 cooling fan clutch new for tall deck 454 $40.

HO water pump good condition used only waterless EVANS coolant no EGW (spin on fan type) 1999+ 6.5 $50. (steel fan available at extra cost)

Intake manifold (non-EGR) upper & lower “upper is trimmed for bigger turbo install it has two adjustable Hobbs valves installed for triggering staged water injection or CAC cooling spray comes with the GM boost sensor & boost gauge sensor port ” can be used w/any of the usual GM turbo’s with extended hose $150.

Front accessory brackets (both sides) late model 6.5 has the rear bracket for dual alternator install (no front gen/alt bracket) (heavy so consider this for S&H) $75.

DS4 injection pump 5521 ‘core good to fair condition’ $100.

6.5td 12v starter “REMI” used good condition $60.

Five (5) CSB oil filters NAPA # 1061 all for $25.

NP246 Autotrac t-case (GMT400) push button dash switch ‘near new’ $10.

4l80/85E & manual trans to NP246 adapter “may fit other applications” $80.

There are some other separate listings for 6.2/6.5 tools, compression tester, differential, t-case etc. in the FOR SALE section

I have not stripped down the 6.5 yet and there may be good parts like pre-chamber cups, flex-plate, AN oil cooler adapter’s to AN block fittings as well as the side-mount turbo exhaust manifolds (no x-over pipe), misc. electrical controllers and other parts not needed w/my Cummins conversion.

Back