• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 Injector Nozzles Non Marine with shim set $25ea

HMM, I might have to see if the local tractor shop has a pop tester. They rebuilt mine for the 8.3L Cummins in my Case Tractor.

I bought a USA made one for $134 shipped. Its awesome, not worth making one for that kind of cash.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIESEL-INJE...450?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cda7f86e2

Ok thanks ak diesel driver. How hard would be to shim and re nozzle? Is that something one can do at home in the garage? I am assuming by repop you mean after you shim and re nozzle you have them tested again.

Its easy, you need a vice, some glass, fine emery cloth and a pop tester.

That is a good price, but that gauge is a bit on the high side. Not going to get to exact with that. Part of a better set up is a gauge that you could see an increment to 25 lbs difference, and liquid filled for a stable reading. Definitely a good option for most people.

That is a good price, but that gauge is a bit on the high side. Not going to get to exact with that. Part of a better set up is a gauge that you could see an increment to 25 lbs difference, and liquid filled for a stable reading. Definitely a good option for most people.

Its close enough for our old IDI's, :rof:

heck I paid $50 for mine. yes Simon CL

CL is awesome, I bought my CF setup for $150. The same setup new would have cost me $500 plus. :thumbsup:

My local shop will pop test my injectors for $3 each. It is hard to justify spending $136 for a pop tester when I can get all of them done for $24. I figured if my math is correct to build my own for around $50.

A 2 ton new bottle jack at home depot is $10.97. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Big-Red-2-Ton-Bottle-Jack-T90203/100594344
A gauge at amazon for $19.90. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IRCADG/?tag=jhuntlink-20
A 6.5 injector line at the local wrecking yard. I will guess at around $10.
JB Weld to make the tester with $6.99 at amazon.
Brass fittings at local hardware store. I have no clue on these parts.

They seem easy enough to build. Would prefer to purchase one but why pay more than double for one?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My local shop will pop test my injectors for $3 each. It is hard to justify spending $136 for a pop tester when I can get all of them done for $24. I figured if my math is correct to build my own for around $50.

A 2 ton new bottle jack at home depot is $10.97. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Big-Red-2-Ton-Bottle-Jack-T90203/100594344
A gauge at amazon for $19.90. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IRCADG/?tag=jhuntlink-20

They seem easy enough to build. Would prefer to purchase one but why pay more than double for one?

Your lucky, around here, its $25+ each to test, so screw that. For the price, IMHO, its not worth scrounging around, welding, filing etc to save a few bucks. I am first inline to save a few bucks but not in this case, buy a quality piece that works and forget about it, :thumbsup:

The local shop here charges $23 a test. I guess you could test a set, shim and re nozzle them yourself and then retest to check yourself. I can also see how if you can find one cheap like $50 then a pop tester is a good investment. As I can see you might need to retest a couple of times. Even at $150 a good deal... 6 tests and its paid for.

On a side note when I stopped by the local shop they said the Bosch spec for the injector pop pressures are the injectors are supposed to be within 100psi of each other.

Within 100#s is good, but the closer the better. The shops don't want to send that much time getting them perfect.

Way wrong gauge. You need one that goes to 3,000 psi not 30. That's where you'll spend a couple more bucks. Also part of why that new eBay one one cheaper. Leroy is right, within 100 psi range of each other is fine, and better than most new injectors. The only reason to get it closer is if your the kinda guy to bother porting and gasket matching heads before they go on- just to not leave anything on the table.

If you have a shop do it, make sure you specify how accurate when getting your price. Imo at $3 that's just a test no adjusting, ask before paying.

Of coarse if Leroy were to offer the balanced injector sets, we all know he is trust worthy...

Way wrong gauge. You need one that goes to 3,000 psi not 30. That's where you'll spend a couple more bucks. Also part of why that new eBay one one cheaper. Leroy is right, within 100 psi range of each other is fine, and better than most new injectors. The only reason to get it closer is if your the kinda guy to bother porting and gasket matching heads before they go on- just to not leave anything on the table.

If you have a shop do it, make sure you specify how accurate when getting your price. Imo at $3 that's just a test no adjusting, ask before paying.

Of coarse if Leroy were to offer the balanced injector sets, we all know he is trust worthy...

The gauge automatically goes to the 30. If I build one it will be with a 5,000 psi one. I prefer the 5,000 psi so when I use it the needle will be around straight up when It pops off. Too me it would make it easier to use.

The $3 fee is to ensure the injectors spray and not leak or drip. I did not get a quote for matching the injectors. First I need to ensure they spray good enough to install in my truck.

Try and find a gauge that has a pointer that "rides" the needle. When it pops the pointer stays at the highest reading until you reset it.

Had my injectors pop tested, all 8 were bad and need rebuild. They charged me nothing.

They will rebuild, match pop test for $24.50. Got to figure out what I want to do.

Leroy, I might be purchasing these nozzle and shims from you.

edit: I found a place for $225 I can get rebuilt injectors with Bosch nozzles. It would be cheaper to go this route.

Had my injectors pop tested, all 8 were bad and need rebuild. They charged me nothing.

They will rebuild, match pop test for $24.50. Got to figure out what I want to do.

Leroy, I might be purchasing these nozzle and shims from you.

edit: I found a place for $225 I can get rebuilt injectors with Bosch nozzles. It would be cheaper to go this route.

Nice shop, I can't find anyone to do that here and i am in the business, :(

Who rebuilt them? Are they Bosch India? If so, they are junk. Are they matched pop pressure wise? Not to put them down but $225 with new nozzles isn't leaving much profit on the table if using OE or equivelant nozzles as you see what Leroy is charging.

Nice shop, I can't find anyone to do that here and i am in the business, :(

Who rebuilt them? Are they Bosch India? If so, they are junk. Are they matched pop pressure wise? Not to put them down but $225 with new nozzles isn't leaving much profit on the table if using OE or equivelant nozzles as you see what Leroy is charging.

I could give you the name of the shop, if you want to try to use them.

The injectors are coming from a place my brother got his injectors from. I will call and see what kind of nozzles he uses and post after I talk to him.

I could give you the name of the shop, if you want to try to use them.

The injectors are coming from a place my brother got his injectors from. I will call and see what kind of nozzles he uses and post after I talk to him.

Appreciate it but I have a pop tester now so I do my own. If they are legit, that's a wicked price.

You can use fine sand paper for take some off the shims, where I use to work rebuilding injectors we would take fine sand paper and put some test fluid (aka #1 diesel pretty much) on the sand paper them sand the shims down.

Hey, GM Guy!

I've still got that KM pop tester you were interested in. I never found the tubo-master though... If you're still interested, let me know. Otherwise, I might put it up for sale here since Leroy now has parts for sale! In the process of trying to find shims I found 2 unicorns and a sasquatch! But the shims remained elusive.

Hey, GM Guy!

I've still got that KM pop tester you were interested in. I never found the tubo-master though... If you're still interested, let me know. Otherwise, I might put it up for sale here since Leroy now has parts for sale! In the process of trying to find shims I found 2 unicorns and a sasquatch! But the shims remained elusive.

long time no see! how much were you wanting?

also, I think I finally got to see the beast, had to make a quick run into wal-mart in goodland and I saw a CCLB silver truck with bumper nostrils. :) this was in the past few weeks.

Back