• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 Injector Nozzles Non Marine with shim set $25ea

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a new source for injector nozzles and shims.
These are not the marine nozzles.

The shims set will come with one of each.

........................Raise psi
.003" .................100#
.005" .................2-300#
.010" .................4-500#
My understaning is you can use fine sandpaper to fine tune the thickness of a shim thus reducing the PSI raise it will give you.

These are made in Europe. I found them from one of my propane suppliers. The top quality propane injectors are made there also.
I only have a couple sets in stock, did not want to buy a bunch til I knew they would sell. I can get them here fast though (within a week).
So $200 for a set of 8 and thats with shims!
Email me for an invoice [email protected]

HMM, I might have to see if the local tractor shop has a pop tester. They rebuilt mine for the 8.3L Cummins in my Case Tractor.

Your killin' me, I don't have a pop tester right now. My old one was donated to a friend, but I do have a jack, gauge, and extra lines...

Any brand of nozzle or country of origin, or anything else you could help me justify these nozzles? Besides the obvious :no-one has german bosch anymore.
I'm thinkin a set of each shim for some tests. with them

For now I'd like to keep my source to myself. I work very hard to bring new things in at the lowest price. If I release to much info pepole might bypass me or try to find my source. I have to protect that. I hope you guys can understand.

With that said, I will trust them in my new engine, the company has sold many thousands of these nozzles to customers and OEMs around the world. Its all they do, well that and propane injectors also.

Will, you built your own pop tester?

Good enough description for me to try.

I bought an old one when the Co. I worked for ended their own in house mechanic shop a couple years after I left. I never even used it at my house, but a good friend was in need.

I haven't built a new one myself yet, but started collecting the parts over the last year as they came available for the right price. I just need a couple extra hours in the day and I'll be ready!

1-2 ton bottle jack weld the ram down solid, drill and tap top center through to the chamber. screw in t valve like a compression tester uses, gauge on top, injector line on the side to your injector. Set up a container for the fuel spray to go into that you can see the spray pattern without wearing your fuel.
remove rubber fill plug on the side of the jack, and tap it. Put in a 45 degree fitting so the open side is facing up. add a pipe and something like a funnel as a fuel hopper.

Good enough description for me to try.

I bought an old one when the Co. I worked for ended their own in house mechanic shop a couple years after I left. I never even used it at my house, but a good friend was in need.

I haven't built a new one myself yet, but started collecting the parts over the last year as they came available for the right price. I just need a couple extra hours in the day and I'll be ready!

1-2 ton bottle jack weld the ram down solid, drill and tap top center through to the chamber. screw in t valve like a compression tester uses, gauge on top, injector line on the side to your injector. Set up a container for the fuel spray to go into that you can see the spray pattern without wearing your fuel.
remove rubber fill plug on the side of the jack, and tap it. Put in a 45 degree fitting so the open side is facing up. add a pipe and something like a funnel as a fuel hopper.
Great, and thanks for instructions.

We have piles of old jacks that seep or have some issue, maybe I should try to build one!
Letus know how it go's.

here is the current inventory of the factory pop testers. tis ain't cheap! :eek:

What?

Leroy, Can you check with your supplier for .001 shims? I know I can order shim stock or sand, but it would be quicker. If they are $1.50 ea also, I'll be adding 20 or so, depending on how you have to order them with my nozzle order.

Forgive for maybe asking a stupid question here... trying to understand. If you have a good set of injectors pop tested say they all test out at 2100 can you then swap out the nozzles and shim yourself to raise the pressure or does a shop do that? Can you do that with a new set of injectors? Do you have to do the nozzles or can you just shim?

you should repop them if you change nozzles nothing is machined perfectly and the shims are used to account for that. raising the the pop pressure is done by putting more shims in to increase spring tension hence the need to repop them

Ok thanks ak diesel driver. How hard would be to shim and re nozzle? Is that something one can do at home in the garage? I am assuming by repop you mean after you shim and re nozzle you have them tested again.

Yes, retested. If you buy the kit and take it with your injectors to a shop that rebuilds them, they will do it all. If you do it, you need to have a pop tester. The best results are obtained by getting identical pop pressures in all 8. A 25 psi difference is so close you will not know a difference. Brand new injectors have been reported to be off as much as 200 psi. They can be off and will work fine, but to get most efficiency & power get them balanced.

Back