• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 engine parts on close out at rock auto

I figured it out, this is the one for 1995 Suburban 6.5L:
http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclefeeds.php?carcode=1302613&m=wc&l=en&html=true

When you go to RA, click to the desired vehicle.
At the end of URL, there is a number which point to the desired vehicle.
Copy those and replace the field that say "carcode=" after the equal sign from above link.
Then you get the right vehicle.

Here is the link to the 1995 Suburban 6.5L:
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,1995,k2500+suburban,6.5l+v8+diesel+turbocharged,1302613

carcode=1302613

Last edited:
I know I entered a vehicle on a page somewhere there, and my email is there so when i place an order I type in my email and zipcode and it pops up all my info for the order.

Every now and then I get an email saying closeout parts for sale. Problem is they might list the part for 99-2004 hummer even though the parts work on 93-04 hummer and 88-99 Gm pickups. And that isnt just rick auto, all the auto parts stores are like that.

Hummer guys learn quick going into local autoparts stores- "I need an alternator and oil filter for my 95 hummer". "We dont sell that- dealer only". "How about a 95 1ton with 6.5?" "Oh yeah, 8 to choose from, but no warranty on the alternator because you are not using it on the correct application.":facepalm:

So don't tell them it's for your Hummer, it's for a 95 1T!
Yep. Thats the method.
I just wish systems could search like the old books by engine as well as year, make model- like at at SuperShops hotrod place used to: "oh, 350 buick engine, here is everything for it on this area..."
-Because everyone deserves performance-
(Sorry for the flashback)

Cool. I meant to order 2 headgaskets (FelPro stock thickness), only one showed up and realized my error, and it was damaged by some brake shoes in the box. They sent a replacement right away, it came good condition. I need to order another one for the set.

Convient having parts on hand...
I bought last 3 set of brake shoes from one brand (hummers are same pad front & rear) next day adter the order came in and I was teaching a new friend how to do the rear brakes on his hummer. A rear pad peeled off the rivets on his truck, so he ordered new rotor and pads from autozone- I had to teach him about the (nogozone also- anti gun, veteran disrespecting company that they are) a hair late.

Went on test drive and burnishing the pads (everyone should do that btw for better braking and longer life). By the time we got back,one of his front pads started hitting the rivet. So we hopped in mine to go get him another set of pads for the front- rotor was not ruined luckily. Nobody local had the pads in stock, and that is his only transportation, besides work he has to run his Dad (great guy, Vet from Korea and Vietnam war, POW) to dialysis a couplemtimes a week. When I said, no problem-lets head back to my house, he was concearned I was going to tell him just deal with his own problem. When I opened the box and pulled out the set of pads and said, lets use these I just bought them for the future- he quickly learned why you buy consumable parts ahead of time when on special pricing. 20 minutes later we were out burninshing those pads.

Also, more back to rockauto, on the closeout hummer parts, I ordered 3 brand caliper pins, and 1 of another brand. The 3 were correct but the 1 style was wrong. It was like $2 or something. Rockauto, when I called them about it and damaged headgasket said just throw them away, credited me $ for wrong part (no more available) and sent out a new headgasket right away. Very happy with thier service.

The shipping damage issue is something they try to control but can't, they are getting parts from other company warehouses all over the country. So when it is boxed up, it is being done by that kid who didn't know what an alternator is that you asked for.

The cost of shipping is the only other thing that makes me scratch my head. Earlier this year I priced a spin on 6.5 waterpump from them, and shipping alone was going to be $21. Ok, doesnt sound bad. I ended up ordering 2 new take off waterpumps from florida- I am in Nevada. TWO of them shipped here 3 day ups for $13. I would think the discount in shipping volume rockauto deals with should be better. I did notice on this last order I got the shipping costs were much more in order with what is normal. I ship things to other people once every couple months so the pricing rockauto charged me in the past seemed marked up quite a bit. Hopefully they either quit doing it or fired whoever was getting the kickback from overpaying shipping costs and are now more inline.

I just checked now and their price to ship it to me now would be $10- good job rockauto! I think the problem might be fixed.

Back