• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 carnage

Nomination for @3bals for this year.

Nomination for @3bals for this year.

Yeah. A sad ending for that motor home.

I'd be interested in the motor if it can be removed by itself and leave the rest.
There was a load of stuff done to that P400, iirc, from the build thread Jody did a few years back when the GM 6.5 barfed that rocker mount and it died here in Lincoln and he had AAA tow it back to the Twin Cities. You should probably PM @3bals directly, instead of hoping he sees the comment on here @Twisted Steel Performance .

Ok, here's the deal. I still have access to the P-400 powered motorhome. It is sitting in the insurance yard in Des Moines, IA. They want it gone. I tried to find someplace in the area to remove the engine/tranny and such. No luck! Either they didn't respond to my request or the wanted too much $$. So now I'm looking for some place local to do the work if I have it towed here. Or If somebody on here would like it, you can have someplace to tow and do the work, let me know. I'll need to know by Monday 12/20/21, so I can let the insurance company know.

Crap, its only 685 miles from my brothers in New Salem Ohio. Be nice to be able to drive over to his place then head on over from there.
Have to find a place to dismantle after getting there though.
What am I thinking, I cant afford to get to Ohio let alone the rest of the way to Des Moines. 😵‍💫

Umm school me here, I’m confused how cracks between valves caused compression leaking into coolant..?
Because there is a coolant passage between the valve openings in the head to help keep the seat area between the valves cool. When the head cracks between the valves, it cracks into that coolant passage. Thus when running, the compression leaks into the cooling system because compression presure is well past 400psi while cooling system pressure is 15psi. After shutdown, the hot, pressurized coolant seeps through the cracks and into those depressurized cylinders and gives you the white, billowing, acrid-sweet smelling clouds out the tailpipe at cold start up that screams "blown head gasket or cracked heads".

Back