• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

506 long block for the 96 CCLB.

So if im reading this right you got you whole set of rings for $90?

I have 4 engines id like to build and this would be nice. Sounds like it would only work for 3 of them though because my GEP needs bored due to pitting.

I have 4 engines id like to build and this would be nice. Sounds like it would only work for 3 of them though because my GEP needs bored due to pitting.

No.... you send them the ring or rings you want made into a total seal ring.... look at there web site, it shows everything with pics....

No.... you send them the ring or rings you want made into a total seal ring.... look at there web site, it shows everything with pics....

As I learned also. Its $90 plus rings. BTW I can get std bore 6.5 rings for $119. while supplies last.

Got the crank & pistons out today. The rod bearings looked pretty bad with scratches in all of them. I'll get pics later.
The crank looks very good though.
If I have time tomorrow its going to the machine shop for a hot tank, cam bearings and let them go over it.
Will be sending rings out tomorrow for gapless ring work.
Got all the gasket surfaces cleaned up. On the small parts I'll be doing my own parts boil with my Craw fish propane boiler set up.

That is a great deal for making gapless rings. Next 6.5 I build is going gapless!

Glad to read you are making progress and that so far no big surprises!

BTW have not forgotten about your oil pan. Between illness and work going nuts I have not had a chance to measur/ take pics. Hope to be able to get to that this morning!

That is a great deal for making gapless rings. Next 6.5 I build is going gapless!

Glad to read you are making progress and that so far no big surprises!

BTW have not forgotten about your oil pan. Between illness and work going nuts I have not had a chance to measur/ take pics. Hope to be able to get to that this morning!

Thanks, I just posted a want ad last night for an oil pan and pass side valve cover. Let me know what you meassure.

Got the Gapless rings back yesterday. They look real good. I'll get a picture later.

Quick update. Got the gapless rings installed and in the block.
Got the tins blasted and painted.

DSCF1440.jpgDSCF1442.jpg

Quick update. Got the gapless rings installed and in the block.
Got the tins blasted and painted.

View attachment 41978View attachment 41979

Absolutely GORGEOUS Leroy! Thats going to be a sharp looking 6.5! I couldn't help but notice the back end of the 70-72 model Chevelle you have in the garage. One of my favorite muscle cars of all time. :thumbsup:

Matt

Absolutely GORGEOUS Leroy! Thats going to be a sharp looking 6.5! I couldn't help but notice the back end of the 70-72 model Chevelle you have in the garage. One of my favorite muscle cars of all time. :thumbsup:

Matt
Thanks. The new sandblast cabnet is great!
Nice!! But, Ahem, isn't it Ford Blue color Leroy? :tongue1:

I'll tell people it has a 7.3 in it.:hihi:

Back