• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4l80 ?

The input shaft open circuit was easy, as I must have bumped the plug off.

Be careful poking around as there is 2 light green wires. One is for reverse lights, and the other is for the shift interlock.
attachment.php

And be carefull considering having carpel tunnell surgery. I had my left hand done back in June, dr said I would be back using it before the stitches were out, here I am 4 months later, carpel tunnel is gone, but I can barely stand to move my wrist, or grip/grab anything with it. I just thought my hand going numb and losing the useage of it was rough, I'd gladly take that back if I could get rid of this problem.

Thanks for the warning. I'll have to consider this. I barely have use of my hands now and dropping things cause I can't feel them and it hurts at the same time. Not what I wanted to hear, but the truth is always best. There's so much gone wrong with me, having an issue get worse is worrying.

Thanks for the warning. I'll have to consider this. I barely have use of my hands now and dropping things cause I can't feel them and it hurts at the same time. Not what I wanted to hear, but the truth is always best. There's so much gone wrong with me, having an issue get worse is worrying.
Just want to put the warning out there. The surgeon that did it said I'd be back full use before the stitches were out. At 6 weeks it was this could take 3 months for the swelling to go away. At 3 months it was now up to 6 months. Coming up on 4 months it started getting better, nowcoming up on 5 its getting worse. In all honesty the carpal tunnel problems in my right pale in comparison to the post surgical problems in my left.

Have you guys tried dmso? Worth some reasearch.

Be careful handling it if you use the full strenght stuff from a feed and tack store. Handling nicotine and then handling dmso can kill, mixing a little liquid nicatine and it together was an 1960's assassin favorite until they learned how to detect it in autopsy. Supposed to be safer if you buy the human strength one, but iirc it is just cut with water.

My grandma used the stuff (full strenght) daily for a decade or so that I know of. She went from barely moveable to very active. I used it when I was at my worst. I got the solvent taste in my mouth from just rubing it on skin, some people dont get it. You just rub it on the messed up joint/ muscle.

Carpal Tunnel release is at best 50/50 for improvement.
My carpal tunnel problems in my left hand is gone, now it's far worse with the new clicking, popping, sticking, throbbing, swelling, needle jabs, and other problems I have now.

I got back to the backup light issue today. With the key on and in reverse I have power in wire F, but still no lights as expected, because I haven't tracked down the issue yet. The thing I did notice is the light green wire has the insulation rubbed off at the plug and think it is or will become a problem as it will corrode over the winter, so I will replace the plug. Then continue.

I opened what I thought was the 7 way female connector and it's not the right one. I know I saw them on a GM site . Is there a part number other than the one on the connector diagram. There's a TSM to change the connector, but I can't find that either. I found build your own 150 series connectors online, but don't know what to order. Thanks

I soldered the new plug on today and I have reverse lights. Like I mentioned earlier the wire next to the green backup wire had rubbed through and was hardly noticeable. Tomorrow I can drive the truck and get the rejection sticker off. I have to install the prefilter heater kit o next as the cold is coming. Thank you Ferm and everyone else through this ordeal.

Back