• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

46,420 miles/ 3+ years and ATT turbo still going strong

Turbine Doc

Just Another Diesel Guy
Reaction score
Cleaning out some old scraps of paper in my desk and came across a note I made myself that read ATT turbo installed (5-9-09) @ 175,582 miles.

So out of curiosity I just read the odometer 222,002 miles on my K1500 well for all the nay-Sayers that ATT "Chinese Junk" turbos won't last I strongly disagree, and those have been hard run miles, no coddling of the ATT on my truck which has been a heavy hauler to 18K loads, a "sprinty-sporter" truck when getting down on it, and a daily driver. IMO one of the best mods I've done for my truck and she thanks me for it, this was after 2+ years of running the Mitsu TDO-7 that was the Genesis of the ATT concept.

I never wrote my mileage down, but going by what I average per year I should have 40k plus on mine. It went in Dec of 08. No regrets here.

I baby mine with loads up to 30k lbs, one was 36k.

I am coming up on 1 1/2 years with mine. No complaints but only have about 6,000 miles on it if that. The benefits of being just under 5 miles to work and from Apr - Nov ride my M/C to save fuel, Weather permitting. 65mpg vs. 15 make it a no brainer. You should see my wife's mileage She bought a brand new car just about the same time my ATT went on and she has just over 2,000 miles on it now.

Well I don't believe a word you have to say about the ATT, its junk chinesse BS and belongs in the scrap bin! There is no way you have over 30K trouble free miles out of one of those and furthermore there is no way a 6.5 can pull those loads and survive!

Since it is such a piece of junk I will gladly take it off your hands for a fair scrap value and put it where it belongs for you.... ON MY TRUCK! lol

Congrats on the good service you have gotten out of yours, I hope to have one on (of any size and configuration) on at least a couple of my trucks.

Well, I've had mine since March, I think about 4500 miles, and would not change a thing. Especially now. I just received a reflash from Heath and it is bad a$$ now. I can not believe how much more power it has. I am only hoping my exhaust temps don't go through the roof when I tow the toy hauler. It is almost like adding a second 6.5 under the hood with the ATT and a good reflash.

Well, I've had mine since March, I think about 4500 miles, and would not change a thing. Especially now. I just received a reflash from Heath and it is bad a$$ now. I can not believe how much more power it has. I am only hoping my exhaust temps don't go through the roof when I tow the toy hauler. It is almost like adding a second 6.5 under the hood with the ATT and a good reflash.

Which version did you get or did Bill tweak it, for the ATT, for you?

Would be a lot more miles on her, but when I took the new job Sept 2010 a Impala lease car was part of the job where they pay for it-ins.-fuel-maint. less a $160 "personal use" charge to me. 1st car Sept 10, to May this year when I got my Equinox I put on 65K miles that would have been on the K1500 but no doubt in my mind the ATT would have handled that as well.

Tim

How's it compare to the KOJO?

How's it compare to the KOJO?

Pretty close to the same. It feels quicker off the line with Heaths, but I couldn't get the TDC offset set with the Kojo one. I do get more black smoke with Heaths than with KOJO's. But I like the firmness of the shift better with Heaths. I am going to tow my trailer with the Heath tune and if I get too much black smoke, I'll send it back to have him tone it down a bit.

Pretty close to the same. It feels quicker off the line with Heaths, but I couldn't get the TDC offset set with the Kojo one. I do get more black smoke with Heaths than with KOJO's. But I like the firmness of the shift better with Heaths. I am going to tow my trailer with the Heath tune and if I get too much black smoke, I'll send it back to have him tone it down a bit.

How is the TC lock up? Once you hit the brakes lightly will it disengage and then re-engage or will it stay disengaged? What about if you just take your foot off the accelerator pedal will it disengage?

I've only had it on the freeway once, but it stays engaged when coasting until I hit the brake or it gets down to about 40 mph then it disengages the clutch. But I haven't driven it to where I can see if it re-engages after I hit the brake. I'll try and see in the next couple of days. How are you liking yours Rodd?

I've only had it on the freeway once, but it stays engaged when coasting until I hit the brake or it gets down to about 40 mph then it disengages the clutch. But I haven't driven it to where I can see if it re-engages after I hit the brake. I'll try and see in the next couple of days. How are you liking yours Rodd?

I love mine so far but I need to get it tweaked so the TC unlocks and stays unlocked when I take my foot off the accelerator. It compliments the ATT perfectly.

still havent got dad talked into one. his budget will allow for an e-bay GM8, and even that is pushing it. I want to try one on a C3500HD, as I bet the better breathing will make the MPGs better with the low gears on these things.

Slim Shady: has an ATT graced a C3500HD yet?

still havent got dad talked into one. his budget will allow for an e-bay GM8, and even that is pushing it. I want to try one on a C3500HD, as I bet the better breathing will make the MPGs better with the low gears on these things.

YES more than a few have been, a few inthe larger flat bodied wreckers as well. i think they have 4:56 or taller 5:13 gears. The guys get 2 MPG more and love the extra power.

DON'T buy the ebay GM8 unless you want to waste your money. The cheap ebay GM8 is a chinese copy, and a piss poor copy at that. The intake inducer is 3/8" smaller than a stock GM8, and it suffers from high intake air temps. A friend of mine bought one from clearwater cylinder heads, and it ran like crap when he got on it. Ran great at cruise, but it would defuel and pull boost out as soon as you got on it as intake air temps soared past 300 and would routinely hit 350 unloaded.

Sorry Ferm, should have specified used takeoff GM8s. were are talking 200 bucks tops here! :D in fact, I am having to buy GM8s so he can have my GM5s to replace his GM3s! :) He is still too cheap for all but the best bargains on used GM8s.

Back