• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

350 carbs and throttle bodys

They are different.
The TB unit has three bolts that holds it down and only two barrels in the manifold.
A two barrel carb manifold has two holes for the barrels but four hold down bolts.
spread bore four barrel has two small barrel holes and two large ones behind them and four hold down bolts.
Adapters can be made or bought to adapt most anything these days.
also, the carb manifold will not have the pipe threaded hole for the temp sensor, If You are thinking of adapting a carb manifold to a TBI.

They are different.
The TB unit has three bolts that holds it down and only two barrels in the manifold.
A two barrel carb manifold has two holes for the barrels but four hold down bolts.
spread bore four barrel has two small barrel holes and two large ones behind them and four hold down bolts.
Adapters can be made or bought to adapt most anything these days.
also, the carb manifold will not have the pipe threaded hole for the temp sensor, If You are thinking of adapting a carb manifold to a TBI.

Ok can you send me a link to a good throttle body manifold

I`m sure there are some out there, just dont have a lead on any.
they too might be different as they are cooled differently than a car/truck engine.

Yeah, the marine ones were taller and trying to find one nowadays is probably best from performance boat shops. The 350’s (5.7) with the high rise intakes really were horrible on the streets from the lag they induced. Great top end for sustained run time though. If you have one singing at 5500-6000, they LOVE that tall manifold.
A friend put one on his camaro just cuz it looked cool, and before the weekend was over went back to the victor jr. Victor jr is the one that looked like the lower on a 6.5.

I`m setting on a tuned port for a SBC, came from a 305 Camaro.
I have a 78 K20 with the 400 and have been thinking it`d look pretty cool setting on that enjun.
It`d take some different injectors and probably some tuning on the chip too.

The marine tbi intake manifold is nothing more than a low rise, cast iron, 2 barrel carb manifold with a cast iron adapter that is about 2 inches bolted to it to adapt it to the tbi unit. There is no special or performance marine tbi manifold. People use 4 barrel intakes with an adapter all the time on tbi trucks. The coolant temp sensor easily goes in the boss where the coolant temp sender would normally go since tbi trucks have the sender mounted in the drivers cylinder head. Summit racing, jegs, ebay, and several others sell the tbi adapters for not alot of money.

The marine tbi intake manifold is nothing more than a low rise, cast iron, 2 barrel carb manifold with a cast iron adapter that is about 2 inches bolted to it to adapt it to the tbi unit. There is no special or performance marine tbi manifold. People use 4 barrel intakes with an adapter all the time on tbi trucks. The coolant temp sensor easily goes in the boss where the coolant temp sender would normally go since tbi trucks have the sender mounted in the drivers cylinder head. Summit racing, jegs, ebay, and several others sell the tbi adapters for not alot of money.

Sweet thanks

I have a 78 K20 with the 400 and have been thinking it`d look pretty cool setting on that enjun.

Me too, I always thought gm should've used a tpi in trucks instead of the Corvette and Camaro. I scooped one up about 15 years ago complete with a new 'painless' harness and it's just been sitting.

I thought about doing tuned port but I can’t find one

Must have been an aftermarket one my friend got ahold of? It was 1 piece, cast aluminum that put the throttle body about 4” above stock height. Like a mini tunnel ram, except the top plate that is replacable for tbi/ square bore/ spreadbore/ single or twin carbs- it was all one piece and couldn’t be swapped. I could swear it had GM cast on it, but my memory has failed me before.

Must have been an aftermarket one my friend got ahold of? It was 1 piece, cast aluminum that put the throttle body about 4” above stock height. Like a mini tunnel ram, except the top plate that is replacable for tbi/ square bore/ spreadbore/ single or twin carbs- it was all one piece and couldn’t be swapped. I could swear it had GM cast on it, but my memory has failed me before.
That was the GM pro ram I believe they called it. They used it on early efi crate engines(pre vortec stuff). You can still find them on ebay used, and theres some parts being made for them from china.

That was the GM pro ram I believe they called it. They used it on early efi crate engines(pre vortec stuff). You can still find them on ebay used, and theres some parts being made for them from china.

Well do yall recommend a throttle body and vortec intake or should I yank it all out and throw a carb and aftermarket intake in there? Keeping the vortec heads for sure

What are you working with here exactly? Plenty of people have used vortec heads, a dual plane intake for a 4 barrel, 4 barrel to tbi adapter, and run them in tbi trucks. Just need to know what you have exactly to reccomend which way to go.

What are you working with here exactly? Plenty of people have used vortec heads, a dual plane intake for a 4 barrel, 4 barrel to tbi adapter, and run them in tbi trucks. Just need to know what you have exactly to reccomend which way to go.
1998 k3500 cab and chassis dually gonna be doing a lot of towing

I prefer the throttle body, just get the uprated spider for the vortec system.
Ive heard about the spider injectors but are they worth the dough? Im all for them if they do improve it. Just looking for a better intake to get in there. I looking for more power but dont wanna get into the motor other than a cam. Also you happen to know where I can get some single turbo manifolds/headers for it?

Yeah, the marine ones were taller and trying to find one nowadays is probably best from performance boat shops. The 350’s (5.7) with the high rise intakes really were horrible on the streets from the lag they induced. Great top end for sustained run time though. If you have one singing at 5500-6000, they LOVE that tall manifold.
A friend put one on his camaro just cuz it looked cool, and before the weekend was over went back to the victor jr. Victor jr is the one that looked like the lower on a 6.5.
I was gonna do a 6.5 swap but after a cold air intake install (homemade to) I finally got it through my thick skull that these 350s have some meat to them. I LOVE 6.5s but itd be sooo much work to do a conversion

Back