• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
We REALLY need some classic artist engineers. I don't expect a Rockstar like a certain someone that changed the designs from plain into amazing like we had before like Harley Earl. That's like expecting a Mozart or a Devinci. But man, can we get some one besides Picasso?!?

I can deal with the rear of the truck better than the front. and yes, the exhaust is like a failed attempt at the old school through design it seems. I give credit to the attempt- pop out nameplate area of the tailgate- it doesn't look great, but at least they tried to do something with form. But it is only a fever, not full blown aids like the front of the truck.

Personally I haven't seen a new truck built since the 90s that I actually like...and even they are so -so... Really miss the square body's..when trucks were built to WORK and take all the abuse we could throw at them.

GMC is doing the same thing with the tailpipes, but they have that multi purpose tailgate going on. The tailgate opens up in different ways to supposedly assist you in hauling and stuff.

To me that's just another crevice, nook or cranny for salt and chemicals to get down into and eat the tailgate up.

I am not digging the tail pipes, just run them out the side behind the rear wheels and forget about looking sporty or fancy.

There just....:banghead::vomit::yawn::wtf:....that is not a truck!! Trucks are big..loud.. obnoxious ..mean looking ..ughh.. Should have known this was coming ....guess the days are here.. if you want a real truck you gotta go to the bone yard and build it from scratch.

Guys...The sky is not falling here...
Relax, all is good...

East coast to West coast translation is
“I found a good deal on one of these...”
Haha jk

Compared to some of the big mouth bass lookin fords that came out before- it looks good. And certain parts look cool. But they combined old pickup with ultra modern design and they just don’t blend.

I think it’s better to go all in if you make a drastic change. Remember when Dodge came out with the big grille design in 94? The 93 had flat bed sides, 94 added curves in bed to match the redesign. Even the tailgate and rear bumper altered iirc. All in and everything in one style. Theystole design moves from other trucks. Window corners from older nissan, mirrors like ford, on and on.

When you make big design sweeps, you take a chance like swinging for a home run. They kept the at bat a long time and had like 6 foul tips- but in the end - the batter went back to the dug out and needs a new batting coach.

Last edited:
Sitting here reading that last few posts of this to wife...she's laughing her butt off at surfer dude, and says we're not moving to the West coast. And that we on this site have to much time on our hands...🤔...soooo...:writer: ordering parts so I won't have time to spend on the site😁. I win.

I have seen several of these on the road lately. They grow on you. Very sleek.

I agree they grow in you. And while they are a dramatic look, nothing as dramatic as the tesla truck. That thing is polarizing in more than an electrical way. Haha

Seeing all the different colors of these new pickups, the side view looks good in certain colors. I think slight changes in it in next year or two may be enough to bring me back to happy land. Not that it matters to GM, I can’t buy one anyways.

Back