• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2013 LML exhaust diesel injector issue

tanman_2006

Just a farm kid...
Reaction score
The lml goes is for its 79,710 mile emmisions crap failure issue. I think the code was 0420 (it's in the pic) but the dealer said he's never had that code, plenty of others but this is a new one.

Said new NOx sensor is first and that's almost never the issue, then the injector, then the catalyst. Figures it will be at least 6500 in warranty work.

Attachments

• Snapchat-5291185412892747060.jpg
    Snapchat-5291185412892747060.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 6
What we typically see when you unthread the nozzle is a heavy build up of soot. That usually means the injector has gone bad. If you had a scanner, I wo look at the ohms reading on on NOx 1 & 2. It should be around 2. Ohms. If it's 6 ohms the sensor is bad. We've been paying around $275 for a #9 injector. You'll need the special fuel line removal tool. Then go drive it for about 30 minutes so the rpm is up around 2800 rpm.

It pulls trailers frequently, I just never push higher rpms.

I did hook on a trailer and run the living crap out of it today, too little too late I'm sure.

I'll be the one to say it, DELETE it and be done with it. Then you get better milage all around, and no more emissions stuff to fail and cost a fortune. But thats just me. I know if it's a DOT certified tow rig it's tricky to delete one.

It's for sale if you want to buy it! It was a temporary fix buying this truck. Now it's time to buy a house and I want my cash back lol.

If it hasn't sold by 100k it will get deleted.

Back