• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2006 Savanna 2500 Van

nobby

Old Timey Diesel Guy
Reaction score
Would this be an LLY rated at 250hp and would the transmission be a 4 speed and hence a 4L85E? (The Dash picture shows 3 and D for the shifter).

Would $5000.00 be an OK price for one with 150,000 on the clock and any reason to not to buy one?

Cheers
Nobby

Yes those were LLYs. Not sure of the trans but I believe you're correct. 5 grand seems fair. What does KBB have to say about it?

KBB puts it at $10,000 in good condition. To be honest my immediate reaction was $5000 is too low, what's wrong with it.

Cheers
Nobby

I guess I'd be in the same frame of mind. If it hasn't had halfway decent maintenance it could be a poor choice. I'd be interested in the hours. If the average speed is below 30 mph then it probably idled a lot

If it has steering wheel buttons or the dash trip meter you can get hours

Who wants a van?

Yeah.

That's why it's priced low.

It's called an LLY, but in all reality is an LBZ engine with different intake, turbo piping, and cooling routing up top. Yes it's the 4L85E, so it is derated to 250HP and 485 LB FT of torque. I think they got the 10.5" full floating rear axle in them instead of the 9.5" semi floater that gassers got. They're pretty decent vans, but the trans in some of them has proven weak.

Weak is relative as the 4L70E has that reputation. Regardless the 4L85E's aren't that expensive to rebuild, but, oil changes are needed often on them. For sure it's not an Allison. IMO Better converters with extreme TCC clutches are an area that can be improved on the 4L80e series.

Not saying it's a bad van - just that people are not looking for them like 4x4 crew cab pickups - and that is why the value is low.

Back