• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
We’ll be mostly staying west just south of Nashville near Franklin. But may venture out over to the East side for a day or two. Planning a pretty straight route out there along I-40. But on the way back we might mix it up a bit and check out a different route.

Good deal, I hope you have a great trip. If I closer to Franklin, I would meet you one day and buy your lunch, but I'm probably 4.5 hours from there. Plus your on vacation, I know you want to do your own thing according to plans.

Anyway, I'll stop disrupting you so that you can get back to work on the Yukon, getting her ready for the trip. Hope it does well for you with no issues of any kind.

If your in the area let me know. I’m down to meet up. I’ll let you know if/when we’re headed East and see if something works out. We’ve only got a few days planned out. Otherwise we’re pretty laid back.

After a couple weeks out in TN we made it back yesterday. Hit a bit of snow through Flagstaff and Williams, AZ but didn’t slow us down too much.

5,533 miles total avg 19.1mpg overall including some in town driving and airport runs to pickup and drop off other family. Truck did amazing except for one minor issue. The rear hatch lock mechanism doesn’t like to unlock when it drops below 30F. Pulled panel and tried some silicone lubricant but no luck. Ordered a new part I’ll replace it this weekend.

With family having to deal with cancelled flights and complete chaos over the holidays I’m so glad we drove and love this truck more each day. Hauled out holiday gifts for family, as well as picked up my sister in law in Albuquerque on our way out. Popped up the 3rd row when we got there and turned it into a full 8 person people mover for the two weeks we were there. Also helped move a couch for inlaws neighbor while it was raining. Kept it dry in the back of the burb with the hatch closed. Gotta love its versatility.

After a couple weeks out in TN we made it back yesterday. Hit a bit of snow through Flagstaff and Williams, AZ but didn’t slow us down too much.

5,533 miles total avg 19.1mpg overall including some in town driving and airport runs to pickup and drop off other family. Truck did amazing except for one minor issue. The rear hatch lock mechanism doesn’t like to unlock when it drops below 30F. Pulled panel and tried some silicone lubricant but no luck. Ordered a new part I’ll replace it this weekend.

With family having to deal with cancelled flights and complete chaos over the holidays I’m so glad we drove and love this truck more each day. Hauled out holiday gifts for family, as well as picked up my sister in law in Albuquerque on our way out. Popped up the 3rd row when we got there and turned it into a full 8 person people mover for the two weeks we were there. Also helped move a couch for inlaws neighbor while it was raining. Kept it dry in the back of the burb with the hatch closed. Gotta love its versatility.

Wow, sounds like a busy, but great trip you had. Did you ever make it to Pigeon Forge or that area? I'd like to of met up with you, but sounds like you were on the go constantly. Not real sure if I could have broke free to meet you, I was pretty busy house sitting and keeping things going during the nasty weathet we had. Anyway maybe next time your back over this way.

As far as your fuel mileage that's pretty good for a vehicle of that size and weight. When I came back across I-40 in my 2006, 2500HD, in 2006 the best I could muster running around 70 mph was about 19.8 MPG. On that trip my truck was probably weighing 8000 pounds plus with all the luggage, camping supplies and tools for any emergency. I really dont know of many 6 or 8 banger, 4x4 trucks that could have done much better than that. I'm sure there are a few out there, but what size vehicle are they? I can about match or beat the fuel mileage of a 4x4, V6, Toyota Tacoma about any day of the week as far as highway mileage, running interstate speeds. Now the SUV's are a different story, they have me beat, I would say for sure.

Anyway, I'm glad your trip was successful without any major incidents or malfunctions.

Never made it out to Pigeon Forge. Next time though.
Yeah I was thrilled with the whole trip and everything ran great. Gonna tackle the rear hatch lock actuator this weekend. Ironically it hasn't skipped a beat since we got home -- just doesn't like the cold haha.

Will be giving the truck and trailer a once over here in the next month or two, change oil again and get it ready for a trip out to Moab in April towing the Jeep.

Back