• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
I bought an Alpine Bluetooth enabled unit years ago with CD player and Pandora capability. I didn't get the touch screen one. I primarily wanted Bluetooth for hands free phone but I also use Google play for music and have never lost a solid connection but if I'm ever out of range and have no CDs I can access hundreds of songs I put in my android anyhow. I have the factory Bose system and I think it sounds great. Only complaint... Too freaking bright! But it isn't a big display like the touch screen ones.

Well left for Florida on Wednesday. Rolled into central Florida tonight. Total mileage on swap so far is about 9600 miles in the past 2 months. Still running good. Fuel cooler seems to be leaking or maybe the fittings? Might have a look at then before we head back to California on Monday. Avg so far this trip was 20.2 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What's your fuel capacity with that Yukon?
I believe its 37 or 37.5 gallons.
Most I ever put in was 34.495 gallons. That was 717 miles between fill ups. That was cutting it a little close for comfort. The low fuel light didn’t even come on. I may adjust the gauge a bit to get it to come on sooner.

Haha. That’s great. Filled up the filler neck to the brim ehh?
With rocking of the Burb and burping of the tank, yes. I've done that with all the vehicles I've ever owned for two reasons. 1) Maximum fuel capacity (that extra two quarts could keep you from a twenty mile walk). 2) Consistency for mileage computations. The only vehicles I've encountered that you can't do it with are the newest Ford capless fillers like on the Focus. After the nozzle kicks off, you can only put in a few tenths before it starts dumping fuel on the ground from somewhere above the tank/on the filler neck.

Our edge was the same way, but I could sometimes milk it to where it just spills a little bit.
That lc9 Burban we had would act up if filled to the brim. Died once or twice. My brother had a Sts? Cadillac (the v6) thing backfired out the engine literally blowing up the intake tubes one time after filling up. Was weird. Lol
Now I now, can't really compare gas to diesel, as diesels dont run a evap system....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You really shouldn’t do that with gasoline rigs.

The canister can fill with fuel much sooner, instantly in some designs, and your replacing it just from that. That’s the reason the signs and stuff say do not top off.

You really shouldn’t do that with gasoline rigs.

The canister can fill with fuel much sooner, instantly in some designs, and your replacing it just from that. That’s the reason the signs and stuff say do not top off.
Nothing like handing a customer a $600+ estimate to fix there fuel smell because charcoal got into EVERYTHING from them brimming the tank. And they would scream it's under warranty, but warranty doesn't cover negligence on the owners part.

Well rig is still running well. I've got a pretty good leak at the fuel cooler. Probably the seal/oring in the quick connect fitting. I'll be tearing into that this weekend. I noticed it a while back but it wasnt actually dripping onto the ground. it was just wet underneath. Its got a nice little puddle now so I can't ignore it any longer. I'll try to get pics and update after I tackle it this week.

Well rig is still running well. I've got a pretty good leak at the fuel cooler. Probably the seal/oring in the quick connect fitting. I'll be tearing into that this weekend. I noticed it a while back but it wasnt actually dripping onto the ground. it was just wet underneath. Its got a nice little puddle now so I can't ignore it any longer. I'll try to get pics and update after I tackle it this week.
Forgot to mention since the conversion, I have racked up 12,830 miles so far.

That unfortunately isn't that uncommon. Many cut the quick connects off, replace the fittings in the cooler with hose barbs, and put the hose on with clamps.

That unfortunately isn't that uncommon. Many cut the quick connects off, replace the fittings in the cooler with hose barbs, and put the hose on with clamps.
Yeah I think thats what I'm planning to do. do you recall the thread size on the cooler? looks like 1/4 NPT? Maybe 3/8?
I'm pretty sure the host ID is 3/8.

I found the threaded fitting is 1/4 NPT and the return fuel line is 3/8 ID.

Good news: I got the lines replaced. I ended up getting new quick disconnects and hose clamps. The clamp on the hardline coming from the engine was leaking. As well as both quick connect fittings. Seems good now. Unfortunately no in progress pics but I have some of the completed job.
8afcccad5c085304acbaf8cb56fa4887.jpg

bf431ef2bf0c72f676d6715da496afed.jpg

51100a4248aced332b1e626d8fcea02f.jpg

9580fab1421fe6c9569908c9e4ee2603.jpg

3237bfd6e45e66918bcc5a9508d8ba7a.jpg

Bad news: the rear pinion seal seems to be leaking now and also looks like fuel leaking from the top of the main tank. Assuming it’s the fittings as well, I’ll have to plan to attack this one with some more time as it seems I’ll need to drop the tank [emoji849]

37d14a92dca957da31567a22d04e6014.jpg

d2b79c0e56753aea06ee2f61f7463c68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12,000 miles so far. Last night had a hard time getting it started. After 5 attempts it finally started up, almost like the typical filter head leaking syndrome. Stopped for fuel on the way home and checked plunger on filter head I could pump it 4-5 times till it got hard.
When I started it, seem to crank for an extra second or two before it started. Let it sit overnight this morning went out same thing. Plunger was soft about five pumps it finally got hard.

I do have a fass 150 so I would assume the plunger should be hard almost all the time.
Is it possible for the plunger to leaking internally without any fuel leaking externally?

I’m familiar with rebuilding the filter head, as I did it on my old GMC. Aside from the starting issue it runs great. I just want to confirm if the head can still leak internally without seeing any fuel leak outside the filter head before I tear it apart.
Thanks!

Back