• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Other 2002 Jetta TDI for sale

Wanna trade it for a truck? How about a PONTIC G6? I'm in the same boat trying to sell my wifes G6 because the inlaws gave us her moms CR-V when they got new cars.

270K miles "just broken in".

I don't think Im interested in a trade. I need to move some vehicles. I can't even breathe with so many. Only traded this time because this Jetta will be much easier to sell than a project.

I was joking around about the trading for a truck. Watch out for the latest scam they tried on me. They send you a text that seems legit, then ask you for a vehicle history report, and they then send you al ink to have one done, but the link is to some .goo some or other website. I googled the site and turns out it was for an android app that launches on your phone to enable tracking so they can track you where ever you go and access your phone to do what ever they want. Scary crap to think what some people are trying to do. Took my number out of my ad in a HURRY after I found out what they were doing, and blocked them through VERIZON.

I've gotten a couple scam texts. Usually these scams have bad grammar and are a tip off. These text come from phone #s that "look" like they are in the USA, but???
As soon as they tell me they work "off shore" I tell them to FO.

Some people prefer an automatic trans. Auto's came with more power than the sticks did (so Im told)

I've gotten a couple scam texts. Usually these scams have bad grammar and are a tip off. These text come from phone #s that "look" like they are in the USA, but???
As soon as they tell me they work "off shore" I tell them to FO.

Some people prefer an automatic trans. Auto's came with more power than the sticks did (so Im told)
Most autos are rated higher HP and TQ that I know of but I feel it's only to account for the power loss through the slush box. And you're right, most people do prefer autos. I'm not one of them lol but I still recognize its usefulness.

Sorry looked at mileage today its 248K not 270.
It has some tuner thing/switch. It increases the fueling quite a bit, can roll coal no problem.

Had a guy come look at it tonight, supposed to come look again in the light tomorrow. Thats a good sign.

Do you guys think with VW getting in trouble the demand will actually go up for them. I don't think VW is selling them at this point?

Edsel couldn't be given away at the dealerships. Then after they stopped selling them demand went up to peak for about a year. WE know where it went from there. Not saying it's Edsel like, but when all the dealerships stop selling them, the value went up from the demand.

Most in "smog areas" will ditch them in fear of market value drops. There's a bunch here that popped up already. Good friend at Chevy dealership said he has seen more coming in for trade ins in a few days than in a year. They will not take them. So here value dropping quick.

For everyone else that doesn't get smog checked, they are going to be a great deal. In NV only Clark County, where Vegas is does smog (2.1 million population). The rest of the state doesn't afaik (800,000 population).

If you smog in your area I don't envy your situation. If not in your area- don't sweat it. Advertise it as Great car w/ great mileage and F- (forget?) the epa. If your going to take a bath on it currently, I would wait it out.

No matter what I just want to repeat because it voices my opinion. F the epa.

I believe the cut off is 2008 and newer cars anyway, so my 2002 is not wrapped up in whatever BS is going on. So it seems like the demand for the older ones might go up?

Watch out for the latest scam they tried on me. They send you a text that seems legit, then ask you for a vehicle history report, and they then

That is why I use throw-away E-mail accounts from Google :D

Also a strong reason why I will E-mail a seller first as I do not want to compromise my mobile number if the ad is bogus.

Last edited:
These text come from phone #s that "look" like they are in the USA, but???

With voice-over-ip (VoIP), it is easy to spoof the phone number to look like it is from anywhere.

This game will come to an end *IF* phone service vendors decide to step-up and indicate when the phone number does not match the location of the originating IP address.

Back