• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1st tow with the ATT

My previous turbo, a GM-5 with turbo master was whistling quite strong, as soon as I put a cone filter.
Not more with the 3" downpipe.

Was whistling upon acceleration, at cruise, and produced a kind of "wooosh - shhhhh" when I left off the accelerator after I floored it.
Never knew from where it was coming, as 6.5 don't have dump valve as Subaru do...

My ATT is more quiet and whistles just slightly, but I get other reasons to keep it :D

Any way to add whistle to ATT like removing the turbo silencer or bigger intake box?

I do like the subtle whistle of the GM-x with aftermarket exhaust. The Fords I hear sometimes the whistle is too much. Heard one the other day they must have added something because it was abnoxious. I think thats one of the reasons I like the 6.5 so much I just like the sound. Just enough knock and rattle to know its a diesel but not so much its annoying . I just don't like the clickety sound of the Fords. The Cummins can get too blap blap blap sounding too if guys go overboard with too open of exhaust. I think Cummins sounds better with resonator or big muffler to give mellow deep tone.

And I don't want to hear any flak about it I like diesel sound but the Ford is too clickety for my liking. Thats my story and I am sticking to it:smile5:

I always thought the cummins' with exhausts sounded like a wet fart :D Kinda like the sound is just falling out, no power pushing it out. Now the fords on the other hand...i think they sound sweet, i like the v-8 flutter, kinda like our trucks.

But i must say, ive yet to hear anything i like better than the 6.5's with a straight pipe. Nothing else sounds quite like it, plus just about anywhere you go, you are the only one with a modded six five. Id feel like a tool driving around in a 7.3 where i live. Everyone has one. Standard cab long bed, either red or black.

Now the turbo whine is deff an awesome sound. I did sacrifice the whistle for clean air on my 96. Once I replaced the cone filter with a 97+ box and AC Delco filter, almost all the turbo noise went away :sad: At least this way i wont miss it as much when i get the ATT!

Noise is a byproduct of inefficency. As is heat....

I can hear mine whistle, but have to listen for it. I have a really nice rumble with the above mentioned V-8 Flutter. I hear wistle most when creeping up steep hills then letting off throttle immediately. On highway 2k I can hear it doing a constant whisle.

I recon when i'm passing someone and the 4" pipe is facing their open window, they hear it more than me. 6.5 does sound nice...

I heard some newer dodge with a 5" exhaust and i wondered for a long time if mine would sound like that did... No idea what to expect... I'm glad it didn't, that was just way to loud and roaring.... no smoothness to it.

Links or info on this product?

Some like the whistle, some don't. Holset puts a silencer ring on the HE341 and HE341 to shut them up, take it off and you help move the surge line and make it LOUD, :thumbsup:

Back