• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1st tow with the ATT

Joey D

Reaction score
This is where the ATT shines. It is a huge improvement over the GM 8. Less boost with more power. It pulls hard right to 3400rpm.
Total weight right around 10k lbs.

Awesome! I am so psyched. I can't wait to save up enough for one. Only need about $700 dollars more.

Maybe I'll have to buy one of those gay whistles that they sell on ebay, that bolt in the end of the tailpipe. Because I can't live without my turbo whistle.

I bet the ATT doesnt spin as fast as the GM turbo, thats why there is no whistle. Id like to get one some day but Ive got bigger fish to fry right now.

Any way to add whistle to ATT like removing the turbo silencer or bigger intake box?

I do like the subtle whistle of the GM-x with aftermarket exhaust. The Fords I hear sometimes the whistle is too much. Heard one the other day they must have added something because it was abnoxious. I think thats one of the reasons I like the 6.5 so much I just like the sound. Just enough knock and rattle to know its a diesel but not so much its annoying . I just don't like the clickety sound of the Fords. The Cummins can get too blap blap blap sounding too if guys go overboard with too open of exhaust. I think Cummins sounds better with resonator or big muffler to give mellow deep tone.

And I don't want to hear any flak about it I like diesel sound but the Ford is too clickety for my liking. Thats my story and I am sticking to it:smile5:

It whistle less than a GM-x turbo, but yes, it does improve your mileage a significant way.

I stop watching my fuel gauge now, but I recall that before I get mine, I was having a mileage around 13~13.5 mpg.
Now I'm about 15~17 mpg

So now with one gallon you can drive around the whole island. :D

Any way to add whistle to ATT like removing the turbo silencer or bigger intake box?

I do like the subtle whistle of the GM-x with aftermarket exhaust. The Fords I hear sometimes the whistle is too much. Heard one the other day they must have added something because it was abnoxious. I think thats one of the reasons I like the 6.5 so much I just like the sound. Just enough knock and rattle to know its a diesel but not so much its annoying . I just don't like the clickety sound of the Fords. The Cummins can get too blap blap blap sounding too if guys go overboard with too open of exhaust. I think Cummins sounds better with resonator or big muffler to give mellow deep tone.

And I don't want to hear any flak about it I like diesel sound but the Ford is too clickety for my liking. Thats my story and I am sticking to it:smile5:

I like the GM turbo too, IMO it sounds like a real turbo, just the natural sound of it. I heard a ford once and at first I thought it was a jet engine I heard. I couldnt hear the engine just a turbine whistle.

I heard with a good down pipe the GM turbos let out a whistle when you let off the throttle. Mine doesn but it isnt loud, I still have the stock down pipe.

I heard with a good down pipe the GM turbos let out a whistle when you let off the throttle. Mine doesn but it isnt loud, I still have the stock down pipe.

mine whistle's right off idle up to ~1500 RPm when the engine roar drowns the whistle out and when i let off the throttle it whistles as the turbo coasts down. I love the sound of it. :D

Back