• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1999 2dr Tahoe

Walt84

Reaction score
I bought my truck lifted with 35s on it the speedometer is off bad an my shift points to. Speedometer will say 80 im really goin 65mph can someone help get my speedometer right

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200927-010148_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200927-010148_Gallery.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200917_142301.jpg
    20200917_142301.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 5
You can also google GM VSSB and there are websites out there that will walk you through the steps of modifying the vssb that you have...... do you want to spend time or money....... (you have to be comfortable soldering on a circuit board to do this)

For my tahoe, I went cheap and did the calculations and moved the jumpers around. (did not even spend the money on buying dipswitches) ..... of course I did not get it perfect the first time around so I had to go in and adjust it again. But at that time I had more time than money.

You must have some SERIOUSLY deep gearing in that thing for 35" tires to be reading 80 on the speedo when actual ground speed is 65. The normal (if gearing isn't touched) is that with oversized tires the speedo will read slower than the actual ground speed ("But Officer, the speedometer said I was going 65 in the 65 zone." "Sorry, Sir, but I clocked you at 74." "Must be these new monster swamper mudders I put on here." "That's no excuse, Sir. Sign here, this is not an admission of guilt but a promise that you will appear in court. Have a nice day and drive safely.").

Back