• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1995 tahoe Stalls while driving

Bkno

Reaction score
while driving the truck stalls sometimes and when it does i try to start it but it usually takes around 3-4 times before it turns over. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel lines, distributor cap and rotor buttons, plugs and wires, egr valve, egr circuit, IAC, and coolant temp sensor and I can’t figure out what’s going on. Any and all feedback will be very appreciated..

Thanks

The only codes it throws are for the knock sensor, EGR circuit, map sensor, coolant temp sensor, and the IAC all of which has been replaced. I haven’t checked the fuel pressure yet but when i try to restart the truck after it stalls you can smell the fuel. The truck is all stock with no mods

95, is that the first year of the vortec ?
I think there were some issues with fuel regulator and injector system on those first year vortec engines.

I know we may have knowledgable gasser member but it looks like there is traffic in this thread.
My suggestion is to post at GMTRUCKCLUB forum.
Or search there, there are a lot more traffic for gasser over there.
I went there sometimes due to accessories similarity to the diesel truck like HVAC control, HVAC actuator, door lock actuator, etc.

while driving the truck stalls sometimes and when it does i try to start it but it usually takes around 3-4 times before it turns over. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel lines, distributor cap and rotor buttons, plugs and wires, egr valve, egr circuit, IAC, and coolant temp sensor and I can’t figure out what’s going on. Any and all feedback will be very appreciated..

Thanks
Have you checked the PMD unit? That sounds like a problem I've had in the past and I finally installed a new PMD box and moved it to a cooler spot and It worked . Those units seem to go belly up every so often but the good news is once you have had it mounted in (Hopefully) a cooler and easier to reach spot, installing a new one is a simple matter of plugging in a new one. Hope that helps! Right now I'm trying to get opinions on the best and most convenient place to mount them.

@John Molloy
Welcome to the forum. This thread is a year old, and was mistakenly put in he 6.5 thread- he had a gas engine.

As to your pmd placement-
Best results are the back of the front bumper. Maybe someone here can post a pic- my chevy trucks are all gone and I am a die hard db2 guy now anyhow.
They are sealed units, don’t worry about the water.

A piece of advice - get 2 heatsinks with a pmd on each.
Mount them next to each other.
Put a dummpy plug in one as a spare - if you only have one now, use it as the known good spare.
Buy a new lifetime warranty one from leroydiesel.com and mount it on the other heatsink and run on it.
In time it will die- they all do. Sometimes in not so safe areas or when you are in a hurry.
Simply swap the plug and the wre to each other and be on your way. When you get home and can safely remove the bad one, ship it back for Replacement under warranty while you still drive on your spare. Then when you getvthe new one back, put it back into use as the daily one.

OP probably follow my suggestions to go to the other GM truck forum for gasser with faster response time.
Not that we are not good with gasser, though.

Back