• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994 K3500 extended cab dually

A added note... my better half drinks a LOT of soda and collects the cans, it's a pain to take a truck load to recycle, so I fire up the pot and she melts them down and pores ingots, much better price and easy to carry...

Yeah, that spot is a little warm for the ol JB tubes like modifying an intake manifold.

If ya don’t think you’ll use it as much as he does, the old hair drier in the coal fire and a $15 small cast iron pot works. Dont forget the borax to pull off the dross. A zillion Youtube videos out there probably.

a warning though, it gets addicting melting stuff...

Some slow progress over the last week.

I got the porting of the exhaust ports done.

F258F330-7A1B-4CA5-BEA9-AA2DEC219A75.jpegD0F9E16B-8DDF-4436-85EC-3CA63F251DAA.jpeg368CD509-17EB-4352-8A2C-46C610FB0F8A.jpeg

I also got the Tunnel Shield applied to the firewall. When I applied it to the firewall of the Tahoe and Krovvy, I laid down a double layer of it in the cove the engine sits in, thinking since that’s closest to the engine it would good to have the extra barrier for heat and noise. For some reason though this time I started second-guessing myself. So I decided to call DEI and see what they said - they actually said that they have seen very little benefit from a second layer. Even though they could have sold me more material they didn’t, so that was cool, and good info to have for this project and future projects since the stuff isn’t necessarily cheap and not to mention the time savings from not cutting and applying more.

EA2DD6DD-CE92-44E0-A300-1BDBD5A3703D.jpegBD4159D4-82CE-41A5-A4BA-20619EADDB39.jpeg

I’m waiting on some engine parts so I switched over to the transmission. I’m going to use the transmission from the Tahoe because it only has about 15,000 miles or so since it was rebuilt. I wanted to install a Trans Go HD-2 kit in it and also inspect it to make sure nothing looked bad. I got it all disassembled and most wverything looked good. I found a couple funky bushings in the pump so I ordered replacements for those including a wider bushing for in the stator. I was concerned about how hard parts would hold up because eventually this truck will be getting the Moose from the Tahoe with some additional mods so I called Dana at Pro Built Automatics - he is who I got my 4L60e rebuild kit from for the Envoy. He wasn’t concerned that it would hold up. He was nice enough to give me a couple tips while we were on the phone. He’s a great guy to deal with. After talking to him I ordered a couple cup seals for the center support bolt and I also ordered a wider, high energy intermediate band since it just had the standard one in it. And then I also ordered an overhaul kit with all new gaskets and seals. Today I did all of the mods specified in the Trans Go kit so this is as far as I can go until parts start showing up. I should be back to the engine tomorrow.

37D81A3B-E9AA-443A-BA66-5A7799ECF0A5.jpeg16EE51B0-F149-455C-9947-645072FBBD54.jpegF4C3A949-050B-4064-B2E4-703948B02E7A.jpegF958D95E-9767-4337-9B68-3C2B8EE0AD6D.jpeg3887FAB0-EC8C-4D3E-AEF4-9027CB0F4DD6.jpegEBDD6D33-A0AB-4F2E-A692-7E33EAE6AD5A.jpeg

You know, that funny-looking yellow thing with the two levers, a seat, four tires and a bucket scoop that's sitting partially assembled in the corner of your shed. You know, that thing. The thing that was supposed to build that retaining wall two years ago before all of these other distractions came up, thing.🙄😜

Last edited:
You know, that funny-looking yellow thing with the two levers, a seat, four tires and a bucket scoop that's sitting partially assembled in the corner of your shed. You know, that thing. The thing that was supposed to build that retaining wall two years ago before all of these other distractions came up, thing.🙄😜
Besides, trucks is much more fun to work on than is retaining walls. LOL

Back