• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994 K3500 extended cab dually

Welp, that’s not a good start….. we went to put food in the frig in the trailer and it isn’t cold. Ugh. It worked this weekend, but not now. I thought I smelled a wiff of ammonia last weekend, but it got cold so I disregarded it. It’s warm on the backside so the heating element is working so looks like the coil leaked. Wheee!! More refrigeration trouble! Ah well. I’ll get it fixed after this weekend. At least it died at home where we could at least get some coolers packed.

The end of the hose that threads on to the existing valve stem depresses the shrader valve in the valve stem, so the flexible tube is always exposed to the air inside the tire. If that makes sense...... I can't come up with the words to explain it well and their installation instructions aren't that much more helpful.

#8001.qxp (wheelmasters.com)
YUPPERS, that makes sense to Me. It was tough to find the wurdz I needed to make the explanations that I come up with. I didnt know if I did a good enough job in that defartment. 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹😹

Made it to the campground without any drama. It was 82 degrees out and really humid. The AC worked great. It FREAKED ME OUT the first time the cooling fan kicked in!! Holy crap, what’s that sound?? Then I realized what it was, noticed the button was illuminated and knew all was well. I saw my temp gauge was 190 (at the back of the passenger side head) at that moment and shortly after the fan kicked on it was back at 180. The fan kicked on many times during the trip. I think I’m going to adjust the trigger temp up just a hair. I also want to tweak the lockup in 3rd gear, but overall it was a success, which was welcome. Some of the back roads to the campground were rough and wallowy, which made the ride kind of rough, but the truck never felt out of control. I definitely need to add some power to it though….. it always amazes me how much worse a 6500 pound camper feels than a 7500 pound or more car trailer load.

BFA5DC54-E9BE-4784-8025-790AD68B7D4D.jpeg48DEF9E8-0904-4E30-9A8C-977D6B5041ED.jpeg

Looks like you're sitting in paradise Nate... From hot shoting I learned quick, a camper is almost the worse damn thing on earth to pull..it like dragging a brick because of all the wind resistance...a roof spoiler will help but doesn't totally solve the problem..rolling weight will keep rolling regardless of the weight, untill you throw resistance in to the mix ...hope y'all are enjoying the trip

That is a nice read, about You journey to the camping ground.
I think that the GMT 400 trucks are going to become more rare with the passing of time. Much like the square body and the previous gen up to 1973.

Something folks in salty road worlds to remember: 1920’s stuff still doesn’t have a layer of surface rust on it here. As the body/ suspension falls apart and becomes not worth repair there- there is plenty of them going to the crusher here that are straight enough worth saving but just wore out all the turny spiny parts inside engun and transmorgifier.

Most the rigs live in cities where showing off to friends and keeping up with jones’ is high on the must do list for most. So once this current batch of dumbification eases up and prices fall from the heavens to normal (once new rigs are available)- time to make road trips and go get a non rusty one brought back to your home. Vegas and Phoenix are major sources- just be 100% the title vin matches paper vin, and get a pic of driver’s license of seller and ensure sellers name is on the title - never get one that joe signed off and you are buying from bob Too many issues to make it worth a ‘good deal’.

Why? Because we know your going to need a 27th project to work on soon! Haha

Something folks in salty road worlds to remember: 1920’s stuff still doesn’t have a layer of surface rust on it here. As the body/ suspension falls apart and becomes not worth repair there- there is plenty of them going to the crusher here that are straight enough worth saving but just wore out all the turny spiny parts inside engun and transmorgifier.

Most the rigs live in cities where showing off to friends and keeping up with jones’ is high on the must do list for most. So once this current batch of dumbification eases up and prices fall from the heavens to normal (once new rigs are available)- time to make road trips and go get a non rusty one brought back to your home. Vegas and Phoenix are major sources- just be 100% the title vin matches paper vin, and get a pic of driver’s license of seller and ensure sellers name is on the title - never get one that joe signed off and you are buying from bob Too many issues to make it worth a ‘good deal’.

Why? Because we know your going to need a 27th project to work on soon! Haha
Oh yes I wont.
This area is good for no rust units. Exactly like You said though, enjuns and transmixers is all wore out and the sun eat up the interiors.
That old 59 W100 Power Wagon, sat for way too many years. I did a mechanical restoration, braking shoes looke like they run a while so I used them.
Not such a wise choice. Them brake shoes material is hard as my biscuits. Step on the brakes and not mush happens. Step a little harder on the pedal and it might begin to slow down. Okay, now things is getting desperate, push on that pedal, brakes lock up the wheels and the darn pickumup truck actually gains speed. Hows that work ? I dont know but it certainly does. 😳😹😹🤠

Today I filled up for the first time since towing the camper. I got a little less than 8 mpg. I was hoping for better, but to be fair it wasn’t optimal conditions: I only went about 50 miles and in that drive I had to stop and start about a dozen times and the only continuous run I did was 9 miles, so not great for fuel mileage. And then after I filled up we drove 150 miles for some running around. Most of it was 55 mph (cruise set around 60 when I could) roads with maybe 20 miles of 70mph (cruise set around 75 when I could). Also a good amount of stops and starts, but that’s inevitable. This time I averaged 13.5. I was also hoping for better, but this is a lot of truck to move around and 2 extra tires and big mirrors and the cap and such. I may be able to get better as I continue to tweak, but at least I have a baseline. For reference, the best I got with the Tahoe on a 70mph road was 18.6 I think.

Back