• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994 k2500 t-case problem?

devildogadam

Reaction score
Was cruising down the road with cruise control set at 65 mph then it just popped nice and loud and was like it was in neutral no forward or reverse gears. No 4-hi no 2-hi. But when I put the shifter in the neutral position it was in 4 low but with just rear? Wtf? Then pushed it down into 4 low and the 4x4 light came on and it was in 4 low. Drove it down the shoulder about a mile and it popped out of 4 low. But then I had 2 hi again. Made it about 5 miles and she popped out again only this time when I shifted back to the 2 hi position it was in that weird 2 low that this t-case is not supposed to have? A bit more shifting got me into 2 hi and I limped it to a shell gas station.

Does anybody have a clue what this could be. I am dumbfounded?

Check to see if it is low on oil. Sounds like the nylons inside the transfer case are shot.

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. I experienced something similar to this and after a transmission shop sold me on having my tranny rebuilt and still having problems, it ended up being the transfer cases shift fork. Turns out the transfer case I had had an older style fork that looked like it was made of bent sheet metal. The newer style transfer cases had what looked to be more of a cast fork. I have a picture somewhere back home but I'm deployed. I hope this helps someone out. My transfer case would shift into neutral at what seemed like random times and was getting to the point of being dangerous such as when on inclines. I'm glad my Wife wasn't driving my truck at the time.

By the way, I also have the 94 K2500 but with the 6 bolt hubs.

Last edited:
Back