• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994 Can’t time Set or set TDCO with Tech 2

Big T

Reaction score
Here is what I get:
51A2E3BF-36CA-4E50-96B4-6E4ABB669422.jpeg30D99A91-12A8-4A28-9311-D46D7A2239C1.jpeg

I turn on the command but other than that, not sure what I’m supposed to do with the Tech 2. I moved the pump to the driver’s side, which took the timing down from 8.0 to 5.0. Could use some help here.

From what I remember once the computer sees it that far out of spec it can be a bear to get it out of that mode. Also your in time set and you want that to be 3.5 IIRC after you get that you go to the learn screen and command it to learn via the button that says on

Tech 2 says it can’t clear DTC for TDCO from “Controller”. I assume that is the PCM?

The instructions in tech section here say to jump terminals A and B on OBD 1 port, ignition on, press brake pedal and accelerator pedal and hold for 1 minute. Which ones are terminals A and B?:
71D546B0-53BA-40EA-A181-90E6AD43027D.jpeg

Nope, disconnected the batteries while I ran some errands. 088 code is still there, with CEL off.

Jumped A & B again and I get a single flash, followed by 2 flashes. Is that the “12” they speak of in the tech reference?

I would try moving the pump quite a bit to the passenger side and then doing a KOKO

It’s a ‘94, so no KOKO.

I’ve already tried moving it to the passenger side “quite a bit” and that is when the CEL a came on with the 088 TDCO code. Before then at least it was showing codes cleared, but it always had that message “not from Control”.

Last edited:
Back