• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1989 Mustang LX 302 To 351W Swap

DieselSlug

Rust.....What rust....
Reaction score
Did some more work on the car this past weekend. Picked up the used Anderson Powerpipe made for the Bullet style MAF's, which I obviously don't have. However the price I paid we will make it work.

Pulled the belt to remove the alternator:

Polished up the Powerpipe best I could, its no show piece:

Had some old edge bead leftover from putting Bushwacker Flares on the JKU, worked perfect for this:

Got the Pro M in the fender and attached, remainder mocked up. Dont mind the dog chewed elbow as I am getting a new one as well as a piece to span where the MAF "should" go:

Old BBK intake plate I had. Does anyoone know if they make an actual "block off" plate for this?:

DieselSlug

Rust.....What rust....
Reaction score
Well tank removal didn't happen as I was sick all weekend.

I think I am going to hold off on getting the Derale PWM fan controller. I think this will be on next winters wish list. I'm getting near my money cap for this season now that I need to purchase some items for the re-tune.

For now I will wire the fan up just as I did before however have both high and low options via Volvo relay with a temporary 3 position switch hidden under the dash for future removal. I also chopped off some MAF 4-wire pigtails from a 94' Lincoln Town Car and a Early 90's Ford Taurus. The clip was broke on one however I managed to make a longer pigtail on the other. So a little wire swap and I will have the best of both worlds. Also picked up a mid 90's s-10 relay bracket. Need to do some clean up and testing on the relay prior to install.

I will have to return to the junkyard and pull another Mercury Cougar or Ford Contour fan harness as I chopped some off mine to install just 1 high speed temporarily 2 years ago. Will also need to pick up a battery tray hold down. The metal piece broke off the bottom of my tray.

ak diesel driver

6.5 driver
Reaction score
Those look like metri pack connectors. I bought 2 kits one for metri pack and one for weather pack. Need to find the time to make a new harness from the engine bay to the tail lights on my dually.

DieselSlug

Rust.....What rust....
Reaction score
Got my MAF harness extended, took my time and did 4 very good solder connections with shrink wrap and dielectric silicone. Shouldn't have any issues:

And the intake assembled:

Working on mounting the Volvo relay to the Courgar fan shroud. This weekend I will be going to the JY to get a new fan harness as I clipped the other one to use high speed only.