• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1969 IH 1300D 4X4 - Pump Truck

I guess I am assuming since the the front axle the bearings are greased oil should not be travelling outside the differential to to the hubs. Maybe not so much in the rear? Really hoping not to remove the carrier again, that was a PITA up front.

Trying a different method to the rear axle. Cleaning and prepping parts just as they come off. The intensive crud scraping of the front axle got tedious at times and my hands were sore from performing mass cleaning efforts. Hopefully with smaller chunks as I remove parts this will spread it out. That being said. Cleaned the axle shafts and primed:
QYJzskI.jpg

HrCKenv.jpg

Thank you sir, hope all is well for yourself and all forum members as well.

In NYS our governor has put in place a limit on travel and I have been working from home for almost the past 2 weeks. Schools have been shut down an additional two weeks into April. Thus progress on anything but social distancing has been poor. Since NYC was hit hard its flowing up to us upstate. We do have several active cases and deaths in just our own town.

With two little ones in the house we are being serious about hygiene but not boarding up the windows my any means. Still need my friday fish fry and growlers from the local brewery haha!

We cancelled our spring break trip to Gatlinburg, TN. Big disappointment... luckily we only got 1-$10 cancellation fee

Wonder how long this is gonna last, hope to get back to the office in the next week or two and start progress back up. If the truck was home progress would be plentiful!

It's great to hear from you, hang in there, were praying and thinking about you, Stoney and all your fellow New Yorkers, and all the others In this country, plus other countries. Looks like you all are at ground zero for the country. With time us as Americans will beat this virus and will be stronger than ever.

I'm just staying at home as much as possible, but I am the family grocery getter for my parents and in laws. I gave them strict orders weeks ago to stay home. Also our county and state now have stay at home orders.

I am somewhat at a greater risk than some, my wife works at a medical Center in our county. It has been designated as the main center to see people with upper respiratory illnesses. Instead of being open 5 days a week, it's open 7 days a week now. My wife works a strange schedule now, 2 days on 1 off. The other medical centers in the county see patients that are less susceptible to the virus, such as injuries and lab work, other health issues, no upper respiratory stuff. My wife is not a clinical or doctor, but does schedule appointments, check ins and all that. I suppose she's a receptionist. They have strict procedures, the patients enter the rear of the building and are greated by clinicals. They have to put a mask on when they enter the building and I'm sure they take their temperature. I suppose the doctor makes the decision about testing. When the patients leave they go by the area where my wife works but she does not collect any payments, they direct patients out of the building. They bill them and they can pay later. If they need medicine a worker takes the medicine outside to the patients car from the pharmacy.

I don't want to jinx our county, but thank God, so far no one has tested positive in our county yet. Other surrounding counties have several cases of the virus. We are in a rural area so I am hoping that's going to help us. I do believe it's only a matter of time, we've had too many people coming through here from other areas. I see strange people at the grocery store that ain't from around here as they say.

I have told my wife that I will treat her in a manner assuming that she could come home infected. I try to wipe down every thing she touches and she has to take her clothes off in the laundry room as soon as she enters the house. Then it's shower time. I also told her, honey I love you, but no kissing till this virus thing has died down. I told her it protects her too, I could catch it at the grocery store and bring it home to her, it works both ways.

I look at every person as carrier when I go out in public. If I hear someone coughing or sneezing I go the other way as hard as I can go. Also if their wearing a mask I avoid them.

Enough of that stuff, it's too bad that you don't have the International at your house to work on. I am doing some stuff in the garage and basement to stay busy. I also do some laundry for the wife while she's at work. I cook supper and have it ready for her.

People are just waking up to the fact that it's all over our State and far more widespread they thought. It's starting to explode up in Omaha, we have confirmed cases here in Lincoln and it's popping up in low population rural counties out in the central and western part of the state in the towns all along I-80 or US-20. Just had the State's first two deaths yesterday. I know, NOTHING compared to what you're going through in NYS/NYC currently and beyond.

Unfortunately, science, experts in epidemiology, and past pandemic response experiences say that this country should have implemented this level of response back in late January and we're that far behind the curve of getting this thing slowed down. The worst to come is probably 2-6 weeks out depending on where you are, and we should maintain at least this, or tighter, social restrictions until at least the end of July if not longer to keep the curve of incidence rate as flat as possible to keep from collapsing our healthcare system and hospitals as is beginning to occur in the NYC area.

Yelp, things should have been locked down a long time ago like you said.

I can't believe they let those dam fools have their spring break in Florida. Sorry you can flame me. I believe in everyone having a good time or vacation, but that's one of the dumbest things that Florida could ever have done.

I'm surprised at the local stores putting forth the effort to stay open for pickup and helping aid to avoid congregations with staged and segregated pick up of orders etc. Honestly, the most shopping I've done is at the liquor store!

I absolutely dispise the governor here however he does do a good job at shooting the public straight when it comes to his agenda with this. Small business and even large at this point will be crippled with the requirements the governor puts on them, yes it helps the individual up front but hurts the business in long term. What's more important, a stimulus now or your job being able to keep moving after the stand down is removed?

Screw the jobs. What's MORE important, minimizing the impact on our healthcare infrastructure/hospitals and limiting the number of Americans that die to the low thousands or buoying up the stock market by relaxing restrictions like some idiots want to do and allowing 2-3 Million Americans to die in the name of corporate profit? I will put the lives of Americans ahead of a CEO's Quarterly Bonus every time. Yes, the social distancing and restrictions are a pain in the ass, but I'd rather have the inconvenience than be dead.

I dont disagree at all when it comes to big business, politics BS and ultimate survival. I just know that after 2 declining years that my small business has had; it worries me if the company will bounce back or not as I am the only income with 2 kids and a wife dependent on me. We are lucky to have a small nest egg to survive a few months without my work, but that will deplete it for sure. I'm younger, have big debts (car, house, student loans, etc.). My dad on the other hand was set to retire in June. Not looking good for him. I guess I am swayed as I have been smart with my cash, built the egg to survive in a time of need. Yet got other buddies who buy new cars, hunting toys and then state they dont have to pay their landlord for 3 months as the governor has approved it! Ethically WRONG.

Just sucks all around. No good answer to any of it.

Saw i picture of Friday night in Gatlinburg, not one person on the sidewalks. Governor dispatched trooper there, county ask all tourists to leave.. I am in next county over.

We saw some pictures as well. Sucks our vacation (I desperately needed with my crazy work schedule lately) got cancelled. Plan to do some extended camping trips now over the summer. I really hope by May this thing is starting to clear up.

Doubtful. By mid-May this will most likely be nearing its peak in pretty much most of the Nation. Most likely the end of July before some of the restrictions can be lifted. A lot depends on what State/region you're in. Just because it is "quiet" and hardly any cases in your town/state/region right now, doesn't mean that it will stay that way. More than likely you are in the calm before the storm of the rate of incidence taking off and cases being confirmed all over.

Just because you get the numbers down in a quarantine doesn't mean it's over. If everyone is released it can start it up all over again, Hopefully they can figure out a way to do a slow release or have the antibody test available so they know who has already had it

Haha, trying to be optimistic. This house lockdown thing is killing me in an 800 SF house. I'm on .25 acres so its not like I have land to get out for a bit even.

They are talking about peak here 2-3 weeks out. The news is now spewing that new cases are on the decline which is strange (then again this is fake news not the governor). Would be nice to hear it from him if its really the case.

Getting back to this tomorrow. I just found out the owner of the boat behind the truck is itching to get it out by the 25th and there is no other way around the IH.

I just ordered the rear brakes for the truck off of RockAuto today for delivery mid to late next week. Need to get out and get some paint as well. Hope the rear drums dont right as much as the drivers front...

Back