• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'13 LML K3500 Cab and Chassis

I pull my right front fender liner when I do my fuel filter changes. Just a whole lot easier and quicker. I run the CAT 1R0750 up front. Smaller and thinner than the OEM, and provides much better filtration.

Last edited:
I had over 28K a couple of years back on one filter. I experimented and left the filter on due to me having both Nicktane filter setups. After 2 years, it still looked like it wasn"t even used. Like new almost. I had photos of the filter that I cut open in my maintenance thread.

I can reach in and change the filter from the top on our 05 with no issues, don't even mess with the battery. Being tall, young and with strong hands might positively impact my abilities to do it, though, lol.

I can reach in and change the filter from the top on our 05 with no issues, don't even mess with the battery. Being tall, young and with strong hands might positively impact my abilities to do it, though, lol.
Theres ALOT more crap crammed in under the hood of the newer trucks than your LLY.

I haven't seen anything newer than mine underhood. I wonder how the dealer does the job and what they charge for a filter change?

Nice Tanner. Did you get the OEM replacement Nicktane or the Nicktane that mounts under the bed near drivers side rear tire?

It's just the OEM kit, I still have the lift pump and wix spin on prefilter to install. I figure between all of that I'll be covered well enough.

To finish off the day a battery dropped a cell and I had to get 2 new interstates To the tune of about $390.

It's just the OEM kit, I still have the lift pump and wix spin on prefilter to install. I figure between all of that I'll be covered well enough.

To finish off the day a battery dropped a cell and I had to get 2 new interstates To the tune of about $390.

It's incredible how expensive tires and batteries have gotten anymore. You can't get out of the tire shop with anything that's decent for less than $800 anymore, and that's just for 4...

Back