• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

04' LB7 transplant complete and now the rebuild begins: Updated build thread

It's fun to drive even towing that 8500# trailer...if you step into it, it will still break the wheels on level 3,4&5 with 700lbs.+ of tongue weight...

on level one it's like the edge on 90hp but smoother...wet weather unloaded you have to baby it some to avoid wheel spin...but thats with almost any truck because they are ass light...it's not like a good driver will find it getting away from them...

It's all in the tuning, and with a DSP5 it is pretty easy to do. Hopefully I can set it up for him to drive semi decent. I know the tune I started with is from a friend with an almost identical set-up, and he uses his as his daily driver, and work truck towing.

Yeah...about that...Industrial injection said it was a modified LB7 regulator on the CP3...

unless Gm changed the design of the LB7 than Steve says it is an LBZ...the plug is straight, not angled like an LB7...

I know you said that it makes a difference in the tunability if it is indeed a modified LBZ not a modified LB7 regulator...

LB7's are the only ones that ARE straight pep. All of them from 04.5+ are angled to clear the fuel lines for the injectors outside the valve covers.

I don't remember much about what he was talking about...Maybe I'm remembering it backwards because he did state that it was an LBZ regulator and his LMM regulator he pulled off his LMM CP3(due to tuning issues) looked exactly like it...

I don't remember much about what he was talking about...Maybe I'm remembering it backwards because he did state that it was an LBZ regulator and his LMM regulator he pulled off his LMM CP3(due to tuning issues) looked exactly like it...

I know II is famous for throwing LBZ regulators in since they are about $20 cheaper and flow more than an LB7 does. It sucks though because if you don't have EFILIVE to adjust it the idle rail pressure goes through the roof. Try teh tune like I sent it to you first, but it may need some tweaking to the rail current table to make it idle smoother. I'll go ahead and and make the changes and keep a copy of the tune here so if you need it I can shoot it over to you pretty quick.

Also Paul, there is still a chance that teh regulator you got will work. If it is in fact an angled plug, then it could be an LLY regulator. They use teh same internal plunger, but a 90 degree plug like the LBZ/LMM uses. BUT II is known for using LBZ regulators on all of there pumps and saying they will work. I'm almost finished up with the 2nd tune to load into it for an LBZ regulator. I made some other changes to it for cold timing, so I want you to run this one instead of the first one I made. You will have to full flash it in, but if it needs rail current changes they can be done with a cal flash.

I hooked up the harness today...the regulator plug goes straight out away from the pump...

so don't use the very first DSP5 tune you sent?

So I use the DSP5 from the last email that includes both the LB7 and another DSP5 in case it's an LBZ regulator then...

Thanks

I hooked up the harness today...the regulator plug goes straight out away from the pump...

so don't use the very first DSP5 tune you sent?

So I use the DSP5 from the last email that includes both the LB7 and another DSP5 in case it's an LBZ regulator then...

Thanks

Yes, either way use the ones I just sent you yesterday. Start off with the one that says it's for the LB7 reg and full flash it in, if it doesn't idle correctly cal flash in the one for the LBZ reg(changes to the DSP files and such require a full flash, but changes to the base file only require a cal flash for an LB7). If it is a straight plug though, it is most likely LB7 internals as only the LB7's used a straight plug.

it breathes tooooooooo much right now...the filter is deformed now like the turbo is trying to suck it through... :eek:

Back