• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L .030 Pistons/Rods 18:1 Marine!

restoguy

Reaction score
I thought I replied to you about these pistons. Guess I didn't, so here goes. I never ran them, but from what I have read here and on the other sites, the engine starts the down to about 30*. Below that you are going to need to plug it in. I was planning to make an intake heater. The 7.3PSD also has a heater in the intake that might work really nice to retrofit. I don't think they smoke any more than a 21:1 motor. There are several guys who have or are running low compression and they'd be better at answering than I am. I can get out the calipers and get an exact measurement if you need. These came from a .030 over block.

Offers will be considered. They will be going on ebay pretty soon if I don't get a serious buyer.

restoguy

Reaction score
Actually, no. I had some interest but never saw any money so I still have them. If you’re interested, let me know. Fyi, it'll probably be a few weeks before I can get them out of storage and ship them.

restoguy

Reaction score
These are still on the shelf next to all my other 6.5 treasures, so I thought I’d give them a bump and see if they can finally get adopted ;) $200 plus the ride.