• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L .030 Pistons/Rods 18:1 Marine!

restoguy

Reaction score
I have a used set of low compression pistons attached to factory rods. They aren't new, but still very useable. I can't recall the brand right now and I don't have pics yet, but when I get home I'll get that info for anybody who's interested. I was planning to use them but can't justify it since my engine is still running like new! Rods are all good as well. Pulled from a cracked 6.5 that was swapped to a cummins. Looking for $250 for the whole lot.

NW kansas, specifically 30mi south of Goodland. Not sure on the weight but I can check the box when I get home. Im sure its on there.

I still have them, but like a retard, I forgot to take pics of all that stuff when I was home last week. Now I'm gone again for a while but I will get the pics next chance I get. Sooner if someone is really wanting them!

Tanner, my old man has a buddy that travels to Elk City occasionally if that would be of any help in shipping, and we also know a guy from Balko, but dont get his way very often.

Restoguy is like 40 miles away from me, (I am 10 east of Goodland) but alas, the closest we ever got to meeting was me drooling at his pickup at the Goodland Wal-Mart, as i was leaving the lot on the way to an appointment. :)

Nope, I still have them. Truth is, I haven't been home to get the pics I promised months ago! It's sad, I know. I posted the stuff expecting to be home in a week or two and it's been almost 5 months! Maybe in the next few weeks I'll make it happen.

They are a little dirty from sitting around but should clean up fine. I noticed that a ring on one was damaged, but I suppose you would be putting new rings on anyway. The pistons themselves are fine. I believe from the number that they are Zollner pistons. It's hard to read but the number is Z8334. I can't find any confirmation on that number but these were sold to me as 18:1 .030 oversize with about 20-30K on them. I did check the pin height and it's less than a stock piston. I just don't see myself using them anytime soon so if you're interested let me know. I promise to ship quicker than I got the pics...

What's the measurement of the pistons and recommended cylinder size? How much harder is 18:1 to start over factory ~21:1? More smoke in regards to a factory 1992 setup and passing emissions?

With better measurements on my 1992 project I might be able to use these. Just got to get the proper tools to see where the block is at and oversize it if necessary.

Back