• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

01 suburban 6.0 rough idle

Will L.

Reaction score
The truck has been sitting a couple months, and decided to give it a bath and sell it for a couple grand since the wife got her 05 escalade.

Starts a little slow like low battery, made a shake sound I never herd before and I shut it off- only ran 2-3 seconds. Checked oil and all- ok. Restart and no problem.

Drive it a mile or so and check engine light comes on. Running so rough at idle I thought it was going to stall.

I was thinking low voltage set everything crazy maybe? After 20 minute drive it now starts fine.

Pulled codes-
P0122 TPS/switch a circuit low input
P0128 coolant thermoset temp below t-stat regulating temp
P0131 o2 sensor circuit low voltage-bank1 sensor1
P0141 o2 sensor heater circuit malfunction-bank1 sensor2
P0300 random/ multiple cylinder misfire
P0446 evaporative emission control system vent control circuit malfunction

Cleared codes, nothing reset right away. Not stumbling, but it didn't do it consistent when it was happening.

I'm just going to sell it for $2,000. I don't want to have problems while selling it, don't want to hide problems. Not out to pull a fast one on anyone. Not sure how to proceed. If I was keeping it I'd drive it myself instead of the wife for a week or two first, but I want it gone before end of the weekend.

Any input?

The truck has been sitting a couple months, and decided to give it a bath and sell it for a couple grand since the wife got her 05 escalade.

Starts a little slow like low battery, made a shake sound I never herd before and I shut it off- only ran 2-3 seconds. Checked oil and all- ok. Restart and no problem.

Drive it a mile or so and check engine light comes on. Running so rough at idle I thought it was going to stall.

I was thinking low voltage set everything crazy maybe? After 20 minute drive it now starts fine.

Pulled codes-
P0122 TPS/switch a circuit low input
P0128 coolant thermoset temp below t-stat regulating temp
P0131 o2 sensor circuit low voltage-bank1 sensor1
P0141 o2 sensor heater circuit malfunction-bank1 sensor2
P0300 random/ multiple cylinder misfire
P0446 evaporative emission control system vent control circuit malfunction

Cleared codes, nothing reset right away. Not stumbling, but it didn't do it consistent when it was happening.

I'm just going to sell it for $2,000. I don't want to have problems while selling it, don't want to hide problems. Not out to pull a fast one on anyone. Not sure how to proceed. If I was keeping it I'd drive it myself instead of the wife for a week or two first, but I want it gone before end of the weekend.

Any input?
IF, If it'd were me, I'd get a 16oz. bottle of royal purple or Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner put it in the fuel tank and fill it with 98 octane and make sure all fluids are full and then take it out for a good 50 miles drive. That should give the detergents a good chance to clean your fuel system which I believe is the root cure. The PO131 &141 seem to inactivity related. and the PO122 could be just a low battery charge. Wouldn't hurt to put it on a float charger for the night to make sure it's fully charged. And for what it's worth, Clean up the 2 battery cable connections.

Yeah I agree about good dose of fuel system cleaner and run the piss out of it.

Ok thanks. We'll see how it goes doing that.

The battery took charge of just a short drive from alternator. I planned on doing the charger, but it recovered so quick from the short drive.

Still wondering if I'd do better to use the almost new a/c system adapted to the hummer, part out the rest. If I don't get $2k for it by end of month, there will be some PYO's for sell soon. Not sure much anything else anybody here would want.

Is it a 4x4 6.0 burb? Always wanted one, not sure I'd buy it though.

Our 6.0's always just need drive to get the Kinks ironed out.

Yes. 4x4 2500 6.0 4l80e LT auto ride. Dark blue with grey leather interior. Power everything, heated front seats, Sunroof, cd&tape factory, really nice truck when it had 150,000 miles on it... Unfortunately now has 211,000 on it that beat it up.
I really should have kept the truck nicer but I'm kinda dumb sometimes (when I'm awake).

Fairly new a/c system, just had rear main seal leak fixed new fuel pump and radiator in last year. Other than that the interior is beat up-needs new: both front seat leather, carpet, controls for rear passengers stereo controls, rear door plastic panel. "Tune" knob missing on stereo, rear window regulators.

Rear bumper & barn doors dented when I pushed it up the driveway 5 months ago with my hummer because fuel pump died. Passanger quarter panel has long scrape in it. Clear coat gone off hood 90% and starting a little bit on roof by sunroof. Left rear rotor trashed on inside, so that brake pad will only make half life. One front abs sensor bad. BFG's are starting to dry rot; living here I'm kinda pro on that problem they'll be good for another year- but idk what non stop snow weather would cause.

This got 3,000 mile oil changes first 40,000 miles then every 30,000 miles. Trans fluid & Xfer case oil changed at 30,000, then at 200,000. Never did differentials.

Never towed anything over 3,000#. Of coarse no rust anywhere. I would not think twice to drive it cross country. That's how most the miles got on there was at 75 mph.

If maintained properly, no dents, and interior was better, it would sell for $7,000 here no problem.

I am torn 3 ways of:
1. Buying a front end wrecked one for interior and rear door parts to bring value up. 1500 2wd ones are easy to find for 1500, then sell its engine/trans Craigslist and crush the rest.
2. Ditching it like current plan for 2k (I'll list 2500 Obo)
3. Part it out using the a/c for my hummer, keep a few parts for wife's 05 escalade,rest here and Craigslist. Followed by the crusher.

If it is not sold by end of month, I'm going with #3.

I'd like one to 6.5 swap eventually. I know it may be a "down grade" but I think it would be nice with a custom center mount db2 and opti shift.

I was on a similar theory, except I was wanting it w/duramax. My plan was do it with this one once engine got tired at 300k range. To many projects, so have to let some go.

My Dad gave me his favorite toy- 1943 Willys Mb. It's been more than a decade since he died- think I'm ready to put it back on the road. Have to get the hummer finished first, as well as a dozen large projects on the house.

With the wife and my boys pleading with me to not add more projects- time to get things right before I mess up what's really important.

Around here the engine, trans, harness's, and controllers would fetch the $2K. People are asking $1500-2000 for pullout 6.0l's with harness and ecm, with trans it would easily fetch $2K.

It's a good price but we are pushing to get a down payment on a house by end of the month, I doubt I can swing both unless my '13 dmax finds a new home.

p0300, check spark plugs. might be a tad corroded and sitting that long may have been just enough to corrode just past the point of not wanting to work right away. misfiring will also reek havoc on alot of sensors including emission system sensors and throw all sorts of codes like O2 sensors because raw fuel is being dumped where it's not supposed to be.

Back