• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

I quit telling the wifey that one of tje wehicles needs this or that part. It always ensues into an argument about money and spending.
Battery crapped on tje Malibu the night before our flight to Alaska. A battery i had setting here was slightly large and posts on wrong ends, I fanagled it to work. Gor home from Alaska and got a new Delco battery from the dealer.
A couple of weeks later both batts on tje truck died. Two more batts, those two was about $380.00 and the Maliblue unit was about $175.00.
Got the CC bill today, all she asked was if I had been charging parts on tje card. Yup, three batteries.
Thats all that was said. Lots easier to just seek forgivness tjan to argue about the BS. 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹😹
Yup! I've heard that analogy so many times at work. "better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission" lol someone said that in the shop as the boss was walking by, giving raised eyebrow looks at us at the same time... hahaha

I quit telling the wifey that one of tje wehicles needs this or that part. It always ensues into an argument about money and spending.
Battery crapped on tje Malibu the night before our flight to Alaska. A battery i had setting here was slightly large and posts on wrong ends, I fanagled it to work. Gor home from Alaska and got a new Delco battery from the dealer.
A couple of weeks later both batts on tje truck died. Two more batts, those two was about $380.00 and the Maliblue unit was about $175.00.
Got the CC bill today, all she asked was if I had been charging parts on tje card. Yup, three batteries.
Thats all that was said. Lots easier to just seek forgivness tjan to argue about the BS. 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹😹
Then there's the easy way out without all the hassles over spending, on what, and why. Seven simple letters: D-I-V-O-R-C-E! Kids are grown, no child support. 🤔 🤔🤔

Then there's the easy way out without all the hassles over spending, on what, and why. Seven simple letters: D-I-V-O-R-C-E! Kids are grown, no child support. 🤔 🤔🤔
I have had this yearning to move from Miles City. Someplace where I can have a decent dwelling, a boat dock on a lake front, a boat for summer then when ice season drag out the shanty and fish through the ice all winter. I love to spear pikes. The wifey said she will not move, so I’d need to het as much as possible for this, give Her about 30 to 40% then move on.
The spear
6FA92BB2-FDA9-440B-8353-9CF4CEF8967B.jpeg

@93detroit That's a fine looking tractor and an even finer lookin pickem' up truck there! I'm wanting to repaint mine sometime to restore the original color. mine was that Automwood metallic but someone before me painted to lower section and the hood, roof and pillars black.

As to what I did today.. it's been parked still waiting on WP and other parts for the cooling upgrade. I haven't tore it down yet so since I'm missing driving it, I took her on a stroll to the grocery store.. lol

Welp, as suggested a couple of weeks ago when the engine stalled after I let off the throttle.
most likely the PMD is on its death bed.
I killed it.
Fired up the truck, set and idle for a few seconds, engine sort of does a hickup and catches again. Idle for a phew more seconds and dies.
Tried to start it back up. Fuel pressure at 11 pounds, no fire.
I had the spare Dorman PMD in the glove box. Stuck it on, fired right up.
So now, time for another spare PMD and run this Dorman until it falters or dies.
Two other Dormans I had on there would falter while cruising and kick out the cruise control. See how this one does.
In the mean time, until a spare PMD is had, no over the road trips for this truck.
The PMD that failed was a grey box Stanadyne. Installed 4/16/2017. Less than $50.00 a year. I still think that the low voltage when both batteries died was what killed this Stanadyne PMD.

Welp, as suggested a couple of weeks ago when the engine stalled after I let off the throttle.
most likely the PMD is on its death bed.
I killed it.
Fired up the truck, set and idle for a few seconds, engine sort of does a hickup and catches again. Idle for a phew more seconds and dies.
Tried to start it back up. Fuel pressure at 11 pounds, no fire.
I had the spare Dorman PMD in the glove box. Stuck it on, fired right up.
So now, time for another spare PMD and run this Dorman until it falters or dies.
Two other Dormans I had on there would falter while cruising and kick out the cruise control. See how this one does.
In the mean time, until a spare PMD is had, no over the road trips for this truck.
The PMD that failed was a grey box Stanadyne. Installed 4/16/2017. Less than $50.00 a year. I still think that the low voltage when both batteries died was what killed this Stanadyne PMD.

I need to get another PMD for testing on the ‘94 and for use as a backup on the ‘99. I’ve had the ‘99 since 2010 and 80k miles, all on the same PMD.

I managed to score a 5 gallon DEF tank today to use for a water tank on my future WMI install! looks like it will fig perfectly between the inside of the bed and the side of my aux fuel tank / tool box. even has a sending unit for a gauge, pickup tube with ports for engine coolant to prevent freezing. I'll post pics once I start the install and make a new thread :)

I managed to score a 5 gallon DEF tank today to use for a water tank on my future WMI install! looks like it will fig perfectly between the inside of the bed and the side of my aux fuel tank / tool box. even has a sending unit for a gauge, pickup tube with ports for engine coolant to prevent freezing. I'll post pics once I start the install and make a new thread :)
If you use -35°F windshield washer fluid (the purple stuff you can get on sale at Menard's for about $2/gal if you watch the ads later this Fall) for you WMI fluid (which you should, it's 50/50 methanol/water), you won't ever need to bother plumbing/hooking up the engine coolant loop in your repurposed DEF tank (nice score, BTW) to prevent the tank from freezing up in the winter. Last February when it hit -31°F here during that Arctic blast, the windshield washers on my 2005 Camry (non-heated) worked just fine to clear the light frost off. I use it year around because the high methanol level also makes cleaning juicy/sticky bugs (like honey bees, grasshoppers, etc) off the windshield while driving much, much easier, too!

Last edited:
If you use -35°F windshield washer fluid (the purple stuff you can get on sale at Menard's for about $2/gal if you watch the ads later this Fall) for you WMI fluid (which you should, it's 50/50 methanol/water), you won't ever need to bother plumbing/hooking up the engine coolant loop in your repurposed DEF tank (nice score, BTW) to prevent the tank from freezing up in the winter. Last February when it hit -31°F here during that Arctic blast, the windshield washers on my 2005 Camry (non-heated) worked just fine to clear the light frost off. I use it year around because the high methanol level also makes cleaning juicy/sticky bugs (like honey bees, grasshoppers, etc) off the windshield while driving much, much easier, too!
Yeah, I figured I have to use some windshield wash in there, but some of that stuff separates and leaves a blue gunk in the bottles.
I was thinking of investing onto one of those cheap counter top water distillers and maybe use rubbing alcohol in the mix during the winter.

I also can get free alcohol from gasoline for the lawn mowers lol I've done it before! get you a 5 gal can of gas and mix a small amount of water in there. let it sit for a bit after you've shaken it up and the water you poured plus all the ethanol will fall to the bottom. I've separated it that way before and the mower seemed to like it, plus I used the ethanol in outdoor table lanterns and such.

I was a bit nervous the first time i did that know knowing how flammable the ethanol was after separating it from the gas. I poured a tiny bit in a jar lid and threw a match at it, no light. used a bbq lighter and it lit a small almost invisible flame just at regular alcohol does, smells just like rubbing alcohol too!!

San Antonio is big enough they will have pure methanol sells there somewhere for the race cars. 5 gallon metal containers are sold of it all the time.
50/50 is best performance, but many people find much higher amount of water is fine. And unless freezing temperature is your concern, try just distilled water.

Definitely get a mechanical valve beside just the electrical solenoid type, and do your best to make the tank not able to siphon towards the engine.

Back