• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

99 Suburban 6.5 to 5.9 Cummins Swap

Something went wrong with the turbo rebuild that didn't get caught/noticed, perhaps? What kind of oil pressure is the motor running? -10AN should be plenty big for a drain line, is there a blockage somewhere that could be forcing oil past the seals?

That’s what I’m guessing. The oil pressure is 25-40psi idle warm. The line is all -10an down to the side of the pan. It’s a 90* elbow at the bulkhead, but that shouldn’t be a problem.

If he tells me to kick rocks, I’m going to tell him to get fckd. Then I’m going to talk to PDD about their Aggressor 62 as a replacement.

Yeah, your nicer than me. 700 miles on a turbo and it lets loose...
Dude will replace it, Or someone would be in the hospital.

Today was consumed correcting a $1800 issue for a family member. I been chasing the two guys down for almost a month. Caught up with them today. Told one guy quit running his mouth and fix the issue or he was gonna loose some teeth. They thought 2:1 was in their favor. 6 teeth later, I told his parter to refund the cash or his cell phone he was playing with was going where the sun don’t shine (to put it more polite than I told him) he decided I wasn’t speaking figuratively. I will admit, kinda glad he agreed to correct the issue just in time.

Kinda sick of people ripping me and my family off. I think those two are about done with scamming folks too. Too many people play by nice lawyer rules. Put your boot against someones head once or twice and it gets the fog out of their thinking.

You sure the turbine housing is cracked or did the oil push out where it meets the bearing housing?
Sounds like the oil restrict-er for the turbo oil feed was missing which would cause the oil piss out at whatever the oil psi is...did the compressor get oil dumping into it and the CAC?

Yes. It was bubbling out of the housing. And not sure how much is in the CAC, didn’t look too much yet, but I found some runny oil in the hot side tube.
I still suspect the oil restrict-er to the center cartridge is not there...
I abused many a turbo by running radical gasser bump sticks with lots of overlap they would seize but never had a turbine crack except when exhaust system is not supported properly loading the turbine housing beyond its designed capacity...

Quite possible his builder hasn't gotten to the teardown, either schedule heading into the holiday weekend or dread that he's going to tear it apart to find the oil restrictor missing. I'm sure we'll hear something as soon as @usanumber1 hears something, and hopefully with pictures. I know @WarWagon is probably jonesing for some carnage photos of anyone's disaster by now!

Back