• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Compounds

Think a VGT would work with a double acting air cylinder to control it with boost on one side and drive pressure in the other side?

I'm sure the Banshee works great just always trying to figure out things without using electronics. I like simple.

It's pretty simple, just boost and drive pressure inputs and it just works. I wish it had a TPS input, but unfortunately Steed doesn't own the tech anymore and isn't supporting it.

After reading both of Chris's threads I think I'm gonna try and update my turbo with a 10 blade turbine wheel and a 6 blade 60/86 compressor wheel. Hopefully it'll breath better and be able to handle a higher pressure ratio.

Not sure what your turbine inducer/ exducer measurements are, but if you find a 10 blade in 70/60mm I'd love to know where you found it. I've only located one source for this configuration and it's been on perpetual backorder since January. I have a 35/40 that I'm also hoping to drop in soon but the aforementioned delay in the 10 blade wheel is holding it up. Also haven't had much luck finding a 6 blade 60/ 86 unit that isn't OEM, lots of China billet stuff out there that seems overpriced and questionable quality at best. Don't even bother trying to work with Turbo lab of America, the phone number isn't in service and email is never answered. Not trying to discourage you or hijack the thread, just trying to save you some frustration I've already gone through!

Alright, Chris your gonna have to chime in here. I'm running into the same problems that DieselAmateur is with finding this stuff.

I tried to reach BAE also with no luck. I've also tried Turbo Lab of America. They responded to my email but haven't gotten back with me after I told them what it needed. But that was only yesterday. Called Spoologic today and they said they had lodge load coming in later this week so they might have a turbine shaft. As far as the compressor wheel and the machining needed on the backing plate to use it, only Turbo Lab of America is the only place I have even say anything about it.

How did you contact Spoologic? I found their unit on prosourcediesel, but that's been the one on perpetual backorder and now the website says out of stock.

What kind of machining is needed for a 6 blade compressor wheel? Mine came with a 7 blade. I've read the 6 blade may be taller and something needs to be machined down. I found a 6 blade wheel on a random ebay- type website for $40 so when it gets here Friday I'll share what the similarities/ differences are

I have a Spoollogic 63mm compressor wheel and cover for the HE351VE, going to install it when I do the rebuild.

How did you contact Spoologic? I found their unit on prosourcediesel, but that's been the one on perpetual backorder and now the website says out of stock.

What kind of machining is needed for a 6 blade compressor wheel? Mine came with a 7 blade. I've read the 6 blade may be taller and something needs to be machined down. I found a 6 blade wheel on a random ebay- type website for $40 so when it gets here Friday I'll share what the similarities/ differences are

ProSource is who I called. I guess we'll see.

You have a 35/40 so you shouldn't have to do anything with the backing plate. Maybe the cover though, not sure. I have a H1C/H1E so my backing plate will have to be machined to accept the HX thrust collar.

I just got my 6 blade wheel in the mail, haven't measured with calipers yet but it looks identically sized to the stock wheel that came in my 35/40

this is where I got it from:

there's no part number on it and not many machining marks so I'm going to take it to a shop to make sure it's balanced before installing in the turbo. Unless some miracle happens and the 10 blade turbine becomes available I'll probably drop in the turbo with the 6 blade compressor and 12 blade turbine.

All the 6 blade wheels that I have found had a taller tip height. They can't be used without machining the compressor housing. Keep us informed with how it works. That would be great it it does.

I thinking about machining my turbine housing to fit the larger 10 blade HX40 turbine wheel.

I just looked up that part number and it does have a 6mm tip height. From what I can find it that anything bigger than a 5mm tip height will require compressor housing machining.

To be honest I haven't taken the time, with farming chores and the nice weather I've been really busy... Give Unique Diesel a shout... and the compressor blade that worked the best with MY setup was a PRO 40 6 blade...

Where are you looking up your part numbers? I'd love to know what the actual part number is for a 6 blade 60/86 compressor wheel that fits the HX40!

this is the turbo I have, says in the description its a genuine Holset HX40 compressor

I installed the wheel yesterday, and it fits perfectly. Zero clearance issues. Think I got lucky for a change! I forgot to measure tip height on the 6 blade unit before installing, but may be able to do so with compressor cover off. I did take some pictures, will post soon.

It looks like #3599550 is the right part number for the 6 blade Pro 40.

Where are you looking up your part numbers? I'd love to know what the actual part number is for a 6 blade 60/86 compressor wheel that fits the HX40!

this is the turbo I have, says in the description its a genuine Holset HX40 compressor

I installed the wheel yesterday, and it fits perfectly. Zero clearance issues. Think I got lucky for a change! I forgot to measure tip height on the 6 blade unit before installing, but may be able to do so with compressor cover off. I did take some pictures, will post soon.

I'm very interested in how this wheel turns out. Was there anything to indicate what make the wheel is? I can't imagine it being a true Holset at that price.

I was thinking same thing looking at the price. Hmmm.
I really need to get some 1” ar500 plate for a turbo housing as a complete box and just get what I can afford for turbo. Plus it should retain heat well! Haha

Back