• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I love seeing the UPS truck..

Specifications

• Outside Diameter 1.355
  • Outer Spring ID 0.940 in.
  • Middle Spring ID Damper
  • Damper Yes
  • Inner Spring ID 0.851 in.
  • Install Height 1.85
  • Load at Installed Height 90
  • Spring Open Height 1.35
  • Spring Open Load 300
  • Recommended Valve Lift 0.55
  • Spring Rate (lbs/in) 418
  • Coil Bind (max) 1.2

Some will ask why so I will answer that now..

How many have checked new stock springs? Well I have, they are border line wrong for a stock motor much less more fuel and more boost..

Some of the valve prints on pistons are strike's during valve float. With a low pressure spring and added boost psi, miles & years of heat cycles the weak stock springs just don't cut it.

So for under 100$ new custom specific springs is always a good bang for the buck.. Everything in the valve train is weighed, cam specs, boost & back pressure, rpm, etc are taken into account and out comes a spring that will best suit a build.

After all we know GM didn't spare anything during production on these motors don't we...

I'm working to be a reseller for them now. I could get them if someone wants a set...

This is not my first set from them but is the first specked for these motors...

These were specked for my build but would work great for a motor with less mods also...

And I thought new springs were an improvement over the high mile 25-30+ year old springs I have been using...

Nice. If you have the time, some pics and description on spring shim/setup if needed withthese springs would be awesome too.

With 70,000 miles on my current springs replacement was on my mind. That just made it up. Good more motivation for me, about an hour before I get back and into the shop. Working very slowly on mine, but some progress is better than none.

Back