• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Water to Air intercooler install

Ok more progress. I got the hoses run and the wiring hooked up for the pump so I turned it on after filling the system with coolant. Pump was running, but no coolant flow. So I kept trying to prime it and get more air out and then I realized my mistake - the hose that went up and over the frame rail was my SUCTION line for the pump. So that meant I had a big air bubble behind the pump and it couldn't suck the coolant. So I decided to try to put an air bleed there, but as I looked at it more I concluded that it would be really tough to reach. So plan B - reverse the hoses to the pump. I ended up having to use 2 more of the pre-bent hoses from AutoZone to make that work, but it worked. I still had some trouble getting the pump primed, but I finally pressurized the system with my cooling system pressure tester and that did the trick. I could probably stand to lower the pump relative to the heat exchanger, so I'll monitor the system and if I find I'm having pump problems I'll do that. But the pump is so much lower than the intercooler on the engine so I have a hard time thinking it's in a bad location. I forgot to take hose rerouting pics earlier so all I can show is post-installation.IMG_8206.JPGIMG_8207.JPGIMG_8208.JPGIMG_8209.JPGIMG_8210.JPG

And even more progress....IT'S DONE!! I think it turned out pretty sweet. Unfortunately, I had also ordered new headlights and turn signals to install, but the headlights are missing the retaining ring for the bulbs so I couldn't install them. So it isn't a 100% facelift, but still a 97% one.

Attachments

• IMG_8211.JPG
    IMG_8211.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8212.JPG
    IMG_8212.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8213.JPG
    IMG_8213.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8214.JPG
    IMG_8214.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8216.JPG
    IMG_8216.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8218.JPG
    IMG_8218.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8220.JPG
    IMG_8220.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8222.JPG
    IMG_8222.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8224.JPG
    IMG_8224.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8226.JPG
    IMG_8226.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 20
You hit it right on the head with the looks man. It looks almost factory I bet to those who haven't been following this thread. Good job and it looks great. That thing should be a bulletproof tank when you get done with it.

You hit it right on the head with the looks man. It looks almost factory I bet to those who haven't been following this thread. Good job and it looks great. That thing should be a bulletproof tank when you get done with it.
Thanks Jaryd! It's pretty much exactly what I had in my head, so it's cool seeing a vision come to life.

Ya , that looks like it belongs there . The design flows very well with the front end .

Looks perfect. I usually an the guy complaining a out the front being to low, but the spoiler height looks great lining up where it does and the step under the doors... clean. Very clean.

Looks perfect. I usually an the guy complaining a out the front being to low, but the spoiler height looks great lining up where it does and the step under the doors... clean. Very clean.
Thanks Will! I wish I could say that I planned the height of the bumper and the steps lining up that well, but this was one of those "blind squirrel finding a nut" moments. I am so proud of the results.... Now I need to work on the rest of the body so it's up to snuff.

how much weight do you think you added to the front end?
Hmmm, tough to say. I do know that picking up the empty bumper and then picking up the fully-dressed bumper was a big difference. And then the coolant in the heat exchanger, that's even more weight. I don't know, 50 pounds additional?

Back