• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Farming Thread:

We're done with NH3. Finished up today. We had all the rigs running in the same field today so we got a few pics.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The last pic is a little advertising for Grandpa's elevator where we get the Nitrogen.

That made my wiener tingle..... Sorry for the graphic comment but those are some awesome pics!

Nice pictures... I see you dualed the front of a ten series. How does it handle them? Turn ok? I thought about doing that to my 8100 for added traction in heavy pulling. Some people said I couldn't turn it then, but hell it turns good with 2 bales on the loader all the time... If you have some close up pics of that tractor please post them.

Nice pictures... I see you dualed the front of a ten series. How does it handle them? Turn ok? I thought about doing that to my 8100 for added traction in heavy pulling. Some people said I couldn't turn it then, but hell it turns good with 2 bales on the loader all the time... If you have some close up pics of that tractor please post them.

When they first went on there it turned like hell. But as soon as you get some weight on the drawbar it would turn ok. But this time using it for sidedressing we took 8 weights off the front end and the guy driving it said it turned fine. We also put the newer tires with more tread on them on the inside to help with turning.

When they first went on there it turned like hell. But as soon as you get some weight on the drawbar it would turn ok. But this time using it for sidedressing we took 8 weights off the front end and the guy driving it said it turned fine. We also put the newer tires with more tread on them on the inside to help with turning.

I know it's a lot of money, but I'd look for a 20 or 30 series with front duals and the floating axle on it. From my experiences with our two 8520's they turn a little harder than our 8300, but not too bad. I just really wouldn't want to put much more stress on a front end that isn't made for duals.

Since this is the farming thread I thought I'd ask: What are you guys with '08s doing with your dpf's? Anybody runnin that "other" color of fuel with them or start a field fire?

That's because it has red paint, they are always better!!:wink5:

I dunno Stove it's gettin a little deep in here!

As far as Runnin Red in the 08 pickups. Do it. Dad does and his runs fine and no field fire yet but we haven't had it in the cornstalks yet so it's hard to tell.

As far as Runnin Red in the 08 pickups. Do it. Dad does and his runs fine and no field fire yet but we haven't had it in the cornstalks yet so it's hard to tell.

around here the only difference between red and regular #2 is the dye. i'd proly run it in my tank if i had one here. i don't see how it'd start any fires...

That's because it has red paint, they are always better!!:wink5:

I hear that!!! Last JD I test drove turned terrible. I know they are nice machines but I say you are only paying for paint! :boxing_smiley:

around here the only difference between red and regular #2 is the dye. i'd proly run it in my tank if i had one here. i don't see how it'd start any fires...

HE was asking about the DPF getting hot and starting fires. I can see how it would cause dad's gets HOT!

HE was asking about the DPF getting hot and starting fires. I can see how it would cause dad's gets HOT!

Thanks guys, just some things I had heard around.

So no clogged dpf's runnin red fuel is what I'm hearing right?

I would love to mow some hay here in Central IL. I thought we could mow today and maybe bale monday if I ran the crimper over all of it a time or two. Now they say it is raining in IA and MO and headed our way. Damn weather man says it is gonna be a "picture perfect" Memorial Day weekend. So much for makin' hay on decoration day.:nonod:

Man it's still so dry here in North Georgia that I cut some hay on Friday, with a disc mower, then baled it on Saturday. It's terrible dry here, we are still in an exceptional drought.

We're done with NH3. Finished up today. We had all the rigs running in the same field today so we got a few pics.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The last pic is a little advertising for Grandpa's elevator where we get the Nitrogen.

I noticed the tool on the Challenger is much wider. How much? How does it work compared to a tire tractor?

well the town lost probley around 75% of the beet crop. We have one half circle left and yesterday I tore up the rest and we planted a crap load more corn. first year of round up beets isnt going so well

That's too bad about your beets. Did you have crop insurance? How did the corn fare?

Man it's still so dry here in North Georgia that I cut some hay on Friday, with a disc mower, then baled it on Saturday. It's terrible dry here, we are still in an exceptional drought.

It is so wet here, that I go out twice a day on my yamaha big bear and ditch water off the vegetables. I have had water over the floor boards twice today. Stalks clog up the culverts or ditches, clear out and good to go.

Last year I was hand watering cantaloupe with a tender tank and me hanging off the tailgate flooding the plastic rows, this year I cannot even get them planted.

AND DIESEL IS 4.95!!

Back