• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
We have an 01 8.1 on the farm, its very reliable and will pull anything but a tuned 6.5 w/ gm4 will pull the same load and get it to speed faster (not taking into account egts). Yes that is also a 4l80 vs Allison but still as comparable as it gets unless they both get an Allison.

I still maintain that the Allison is worth trying, especially with 6 speed to get another OD

The other od is the thing keeping me interested. Gear swapping 2 torque bias differentials is not happening here. More trans OD is my best hope. 3000-3200 rpm on the freeway all the time sucks. It will be some time before I can ever get to it, or any other solution though.

I rebuilt a bale deck from a Ford and installed it on a 04 8.1L Chev. I towed the Ford on a car hauler 1/2 way to meet the customer with the 8.1. I'm sure my 6.5 would out pull that 8.1 any day. JMO

Back