• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

zf-6

Jcool: Don't get me started :lol:. I have never owned an auto and I know well how to drive a manual :D. I started driving one at 5yrs old. A 67 C20.

On topic ZF's are very tough. I've seen a couple broken ones like ZF Man said but they were just inputs. I know one guy is running over 750/1400 currently and another guy that must be pushing 900+.

I can imagine the clutch as the weak point. Always wondered what the internals would hold, sounds like a lot. I helped a freind build his 01 z28 which dynoed almost 550rwhp with the stock t56 but a triple disc clutch, its been beaten at the strip for over a year without a hiccup yet. My grandfather taught me how to drive at 7 on his farm in his 3 on the tree 70 dodge ram... from there its been all sorts of manual trucks and cars. the last two vehicles I have had were the only autos I bought.... I love manuals but were hard to find in a truck....

Jcool, don't stir the pot with the handshakers, they're loyal to their stuff. Seriously though they do get a lot better mileage.

I sure hope you guys know I was just kiddin around... no insults meant to anyone.... if you guys are getting about 22 thats the same as me but of course I am not stock and drive sensibly on a regular basis

Sorry if I sounded defensive. My SBC dual disc has survived 85K hard towing miles and is still holding pretty well. They now have a 3 disc that's good for 900rwhp :thumbsup:.

I can imagine the clutch as the weak point. Always wondered what the internals would hold, sounds like a lot. I helped a freind build his 01 z28 which dynoed almost 550rwhp with the stock t56 but a triple disc clutch, its been beaten at the strip for over a year without a hiccup yet. My grandfather taught me how to drive at 7 on his farm in his 3 on the tree 70 dodge ram... from there its been all sorts of manual trucks and cars. the last two vehicles I have had were the only autos I bought.... I love manuals but were hard to find in a truck....

I sure hope you guys know I was just kiddin around... no insults meant to anyone.... if you guys are getting about 22 thats the same as me but of course I am not stock and drive sensibly on a regular basis

"sup fellas? New Handshaker club or old? I left my other # behind. Anyone decide what we are going to do? And yeah, I think the manuals get better mileage, but not by much.:driving::driving: Keep on grindin'!!:cornut:

Yeah I looked at a Dodge just because they had a manual, but I couldn't make myself buy a Dodge.

I'm not talking about buying a Dodge, I'll build my next truck if Chevy doesn't offer a manual. I don't want a Ford or a Dodge, although the new 5500 Dodges are pretty cool.

I love mine. Had to order it and wait 12 weeks or so. Whenever i've brought it to the dealership all the techs have to look it over. Most of them have never seen one.
It's funny to watch them put it in first to drive it into the service bay.

Since I live in a very rural, farming community, my dealer always had lots of ZF6s on the lot. They also know about the DMF, and other common problems with the 'max. They still have a few used ones on the lot.

Ya have any 06 Crew Cabs down there?

Since I live in a very rural, farming community, my dealer always had lots of ZF6s on the lot. They also know about the DMF, and other common problems with the 'max. They still have a few used ones on the lot.

I was by there last week, looked like all reg. cabs, mainly C&C. I'll stop in and check the next time I'm by. If I'm not mistaken, there are 4 ZF6 trucks on the lot, not sure of years.

Curiousity had me,that's all. I don't have my 03 paid off yet but I'd love a crew cab. Bought this 03 cause it was a dually and the right color.

crew cabs are hard as hell to find i wasnt even really looking to buy a new truck but when i found a crew cab and the price was right i just had to have it you can find regular cabs and extended cabs all day long but a crew is hard i wouldnt have anything else

The dealer is Harvey-Ellis Motors in Columbia, KY. I'm not sure if they have a website or not, but you can call them to see what they have. The number is 270-384-2291 or 1-800-880-2290.

crew cabs are hard as hell to find i wasnt even really looking to buy a new truck but when i found a crew cab and the price was right i just had to have it you can find regular cabs and extended cabs all day long but a crew is hard i wouldnt have anything else

Agreed, CC is the only way to go.

Awwww c'mon, ext. cabs aren't so bad either.....:yesnod: but yes, I would sure like a crew cab. Anyone want to trade? I know where there is a REALLY nice ext. cab LB.:D

Time is running out on finding the pld used ones. there are a few but they are getting scooped up and I bet they wont be let go

I want 2 more for sure. Preferably an 06 crew cab long bed and a 4500 ZF6
4x4,which they did not make so I'll be doing that myself.
I figure I can get a 4x4 Ally model and pull the annl and swap in a ZF out of a 2wd cause they are divored T-Case's.
Just my little plan when the $$$$ are avaliable.

Back