• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

zf-6

There was another thread here, but why don't we keep our old numbers? So many are coming over here that I wouldn't want to get someone's number.

I knwo mine does. I get 22 sometimes int he summer. show me an ally that does this....

I know they do,I just don't see it cause I don't drive in a way to get good MPG's. They way out-tow a Ally though :biggrin5:

HA. I would have to bet they do return better mileage, that is if you guys knew how to drive a standard!:biggrinjester: but of all the vehicles I have hauled with.. the allison really takes the cake when you want the convience of an auto and the control of a standard! How much reliable power will it hold up(zf6)? I am running around with the 150hp tune without any issue(never limped) but I really don't "beat" the truck, when I do everything is up to operating temp.

I knwo mine does. I get 22 sometimes int he summer. show me an ally that does this....

I just returned 18 all stop and go city and I return between 22-24mpg highway, speed dependent.:hurray: then again the programmer made a decent difference in my mileage.

as far as max HP for the ZF I dont know anyone who has broke one with too much power. there have been a few broken but I am running about 500 RWHP and I have not broken anything yet, just two stock clutches

Jcool: Don't get me started :lol:. I have never owned an auto and I know well how to drive a manual :D. I started driving one at 5yrs old. A 67 C20.

On topic ZF's are very tough. I've seen a couple broken ones like ZF Man said but they were just inputs. I know one guy is running over 750/1400 currently and another guy that must be pushing 900+.

Jcool, don't stir the pot with the handshakers, they're loyal to their stuff. Seriously though they do get a lot better mileage.

Lets have all you guys get the rest of the hand shakers over here. dirtymax, johnboy, jon72, 05_lly...you know where I Am going with this

Back