• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Yet another 6.5 build --- this one for towing

Hard Blok came from Summit, I let it cure for 60 days or so. Rockers & crank are stock GEP stuff, I just coated the rockers to make them really slick and not wear.

lookin good hope to see it in the truck soon! Hell rate your going you might be up and driving before me lol

lookin good hope to see it in the truck soon! Hell rate your going you might be up and driving before me lol

I doubt it Red, I have a lot to do to the truck, I have been gathering up parts for a long time now, a lot of upgrades to come at the same time as the motor, I'm not in a hurry, the truck is running now with the 6.2 and I use it here on the farm. When I do start the implant it will take me a while to finish, I might be done this year if things go good.....:thumbsup:

I am still looking forward to seeing how your cam works, I guess I will stick with the stock one.... that money for the towing cam will go somewhere else I guess...

A little update to my build, the long block is done, waiting on the pump, injectors,and turbo to arrive from the shop. maybe start the swap in a few weeks, it also will be a somewhat slow process, I have lots of things to install when the swap starts, new LP, manual glow plug mod, gauges, fab a 4" turbo back exhaust, dual large oil coolers, etc etc....... Lots to do....

here is the motor now....

attachment.php

Small update....

Old motor is out, I'm going to paint the engine bay & frame while it's empty....and redo the wiring, new wire loom and a little rerouteing...

Still waiting on the turbo & pump, both are to be done today, maybe by next weekend the new motor will be in it's new home.....

Well the turbo is back, doing a little Ceramic coating on it now... IP & injectors are done and on the ride back... Here are the two oil coolers I am going to use, should keep the oil cool on heavy towing trips, had the lines made up at the local hyd hose shop, 3/4" ID Teflon high temp.... on the right is a stock size cooler....

attachment.php

Got the first coat of paint on the engine bay today, bight finish the paint tomorrow and start the new wire loom, waiting for the motor mounts to come in, maybe get the motor in this weekend...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Well I made some progress this weekend, I got the new motor in and the tranny bolted up. Sure was a little work with only the wife helping, (well she was cheering me on). The exhaust is going to be a pain in the rear, the outlet is a LOT closer to the AC drier & firewall than I was hoping for... I already fabed a piece for the down pipe but it isn't going to fit so I will start another one...

More later.

Yeah, that kinda sucks.. I had to take my AC dryer completely off to make my down pipe work. I think the only way I will be able to make mine work is to relocate coolant over flow, put drier in it's location with maybe some custom lines to the fire wall.

Mike

Motor is about 80% ready, I will make another down pipe this week, only 5" of room to work with.. oil is primed and new coolers full, should fire it up next weekend, still need to finish a little wiring and hook up the gauges.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice!, It looks like you flipped your waste gate arm downward also what did you install inline off of your pressure reg to your turbo? I just never seen one.

Nice!, It looks like you flipped your waste gate arm downward also what did you install inline off of your pressure reg to your turbo? I just never seen one.

The inline thingy is a boost valve from Kennedy for a Duramax, and the wastegate arm isn't flipped, it mounts that way and points down to give me room for the stock pre 96 air filter box coupling.

She's alive !!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the first 10 minutes of life for my new build.........

That is all the exhaust I have right now... next week I will take the hood off and turn the pipe up and drive it about 8 miles through the woods to the fab shop and finish the exhaust.

This is a few hrs ago ...

http://youtu.be/yj2TFT7-pIY

Back