• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wow! I've Found Family-Like Humans !!

6.5 TD Resurrection

Reaction score
:woot: Greetings,Folks ! Man,am I ever glad to have landed here ! I owe it all to Leroy @ Leroy Diesel.com ! I'll be brief. I own a 1997 C2500 Silverado Regular Cab,Long Bed Old Guy Diesel. She's rolled 274K with many more to come. I really enjoy the Old School Gm Truck. I firmly believe that with the P-400 version of the 6.5 TD,(And other rebuilds,mods) I can keep my truck right where I want it to be !

I love the Feel of this Board ! I need Elitist Snobs like I need another hole in my head ! You Guys get right into the Heart Of The Matters,yet in a way that makes me feel like I'm along side of You while working in Your/My Garage !

Thanx,Happy Easter,and much more to learn and follow on ! Bob...:happy:

Thanx,Folks ! Old Guy,Low Tech but currently unspoiled or tainted ! I'll be mastering the Digital Photo pics to post. That means an Avatar to boot. My '97 is Bone Stock,Unmodified and Unmolested. I'll be starting with lifting the bed off,and installing a new MTS Poly Tank,along with new FSU and straps. Looks like I'll be dropping in on 'Ol Uncle Leroy for some of his Down Home Texas Fuel Cures,namely the Walbro FRC-10 Lift Pump,with the 30 Micron Pre-Filter prior to the new pump. Yes,Sin of Sins,I'll be detonating the sock off the draw tube,and relying on the filter I can access easily to protect Mr.Walbro.....While the bed's off,it'll be brake line Fest 2015,along with Bilstein "Happy Motoring" Shocks. A little Energy Suspension addition,and a probable Diff Rebuild. (Whew,taking a breath!)

I'll be taking my time with this,and paying as I go. My Logic and Rational for Rebuilding the Old Road Warrior is Simple: I Love The Damn Thing ! The other end of it is I want to toss my cookies every time I look at the Sticker of a comparable new truck,and I don't want all the Al Gore Accessory Packages that they're shackled with !

I'll be starting a New Thread regarding all of this,so as to stay On Topic,and On Target regarding my endeavours(I think that's French for"Up To Your Neck In It"!)

Again,thanx for the Very Warm Welcome,and even Warmer Forum ! I've got alot of Archived Reading to do here first,but You will see my Old Codger Butt around ! Believe it or not,I'd like to know what I'm looking at before I would make the mistake of posting a Pile Of Redundant Questions. Making You Crazy Just 'Aint In The Play Book !!:bookworm::happy:

Welcome to The Truck Stop Bob!
We consider ourselves to be a family of grownups here. I suspect that's what you were looking for ... and you've found it

Back