• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Would you buy an OBD2 version of GMTDScan and what would you pay ??

Would you buy an OBD2 version of GMTDScan and what would you pay? ?

• No, I would not buy it.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Yes, I would pay up to 100$

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Yes I would pay up to 150$

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Yes I would pay up to 250$

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
It can be updated, but I doubt they'd do it for free. Their subscription costs something like $1500 a year and it may be locked to their tool(s) only. But even if it isn't I'm sure they'll get their cut for 'helping me out'. This peticular tool will probably need the newer 32mb card for it as well. I'd rather pay $800 for the updates for my GENISYS so I have all domestic stuff not just GM. I can set timing and such on my 6.5 with the Tech2 just as it is.

This same guy has(or had) a Tech1 tool too. I saw it in his shop some years ago. I'm going to check, but I'll bet if he's selling the Tech2, the the Tech1 would be for sale too. Might be someone here that's interested in it....

I have a 1996, hate it, because it's OBD2. If I had a decent scan tool for it I'd like it more. Come on ENGH!

Having the OBDI pick up and the Scantech on the laptop, I'd get it as an update if it was offered. I have a bunch of guys that have the II pick ups and they have no options.

What would I pay? Easy to me. I'd pay $100 for an update and maybe $150 for it if I didn't have the original.

Bring it on,I have carcode and MT2500 but would prefer a packaged OBD1 and OBD II version of GMTD Scantech.
Price will be what will get him the best return in sales volume.

Better to sell 500 units @ $150 vs 200 units @ $300.

Back