• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Winter time - Canopy and Winter Front go on

Winter cover has been on the d-max for weeks already. Needs tires rotated, and some fluid changes, and it's good after that.

59 Degrees here Today (High Wind though) and Left the Winter Front on. No problems. Gonna be in the 30's and 20's the next few Days, so I wasn't gonna take it Off just for one Day.

my front cover went on today as well. cold as hell here. i'm considering throwing the topper back on too for a couple weeks around christmas for hauling all the goodies for the kid. just sucks pulling it off to hook back up to the gooseneck.

should look pretty sweet with my new tires, mirrors, and cab lights tho. nothing like the truck that i bought 2 1/2 years ago tho.

my front cover went on today as well. cold as hell here. i'm considering throwing the topper back on too for a couple weeks around christmas for hauling all the goodies for the kid. just sucks pulling it off to hook back up to the gooseneck.

should look pretty sweet with my new tires, mirrors, and cab lights tho. nothing like the truck that i bought 2 1/2 years ago tho.

:nopics: :D

Don't forget to check your tires, mine took a serious hit with the fast cool down.
Good call Ozzie!:thumbsup: I had to put 7 lb in each of the wife's 20s on her Tahoe tonight and checked my 285s afterward. Yikes! Had to add 8 lbs in each. +3* out tonight when I was plowing the drive and parking areas and she pulled in with the news that her DIC was flashing.

hey i have an 02 sierra 2500hd but mine is a gasser... it takes it forever to warm up... can i run a winter grille cover on it or are those only the diesels? just thats all ive seen em on before... if so where can i get one?

You can, but at the risk of overheating it once its warmed up. I guess if you just keep an eye on the temp gauge.

hey i have an 02 sierra 2500hd but mine is a gasser... it takes it forever to warm up... can i run a winter grille cover on it or are those only the diesels? just thats all ive seen em on before... if so where can i get one?

If it's taking forever you may need to replace the thermostat. It could be sticking open, pretty common when they start to go.

Started my truck when we had sub zero temps a couple week ago and within 5 miles down the highway it was at operating temp.

Back