• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Winter time - Canopy and Winter Front go on

07HDClassic

Reaction score
Winter seems to have finally started here for us. The high temperatures have been anywhere from 34 down to today's high temp of 23. During the winter I put my canopy on the truck for that extra bit of dry storage. When the high temp for the day don't go above 40, I put on the Winter Front cover for the grill to keep everything a bit warmer.

The canopy is a LEER 100XQ that I got off of Craigslist for $475. It is the Dark Gray (almost black) from 03-04 Silverado's. I added a factory roof rack off of a 95 S10 Blazer and attached my THULE kayak racks to that. To be able to use my in bed tool box I had to take the lid off because it didn't clear the canopy and brackets.

I just wanted to post to show the pictures and to see what everyone else does for the winter months.

Attachments

• 100_2995.jpg
    100_2995.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_2996.jpg
    100_2996.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_3007.jpg
    100_3007.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_3010.jpg
    100_3010.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_3011.jpg
    100_3011.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_2998.jpg
    100_2998.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 0
I'll be putting the grille cover on this weekend. Upper teens last night an high of 26* today. It's 19* right now. Tough getting cab heat today.

Behold, the giant pissed off Suburban. We all joke that it resembles one. I need to wash my grille and clip my cover on.

My front cover just went on (boo - winter)...and I have the topper on year round as I use the heck out of that space for RV supplies and a few tools for work. They stay dry and are locked up behind a heavy tint that is near impossible to see into.

Thank you sir...:tiphat

I was thinking the same thing...:D
I kinda like your topper rack, but I couldn't bear to put holes in mine. Tempting for a canoe though.

Put my shell back on the other day. It's usually on unless moving hay or hauling the cabover camper.

P3180002.jpg

Original color of my shell on my '99 GMC

truck2.jpg

Put my winter tires on a couple weeks ago too. Cooper STT

Tire2.jpg

Never have had a front cover.

Last edited:
Great looking combination you have. Nice to have some dry storage in the back of the truck. My topper stays on all the time and I leave tools and other stuff in the back of it.

I used to have the canopy on year round last year but change in work made me decided to do what you did. Run with the Canopy on during the winter and off during the summer time.

I too have threw my canopy on for the winter. I really hate the thing because its a PITA to see out of, but it's nice to have the dry space for the dog and when driving across the state.

Unfortuntely there isn't a good looking winterfront available for my truck. I'd really like to have one since I moved out of town and drive every day now. I did however install a 600W block heater a few months ago.

I'll have to snap a few picts tomorrow when its "light" out.

Is there a warm temperature cut-off that winter front's shouldn't be used? If so what is it? 40°??

Winter seems to have finally started here for us. The high temperatures have been anywhere from 34 down to today's high temp of 23. During the winter I put my canopy on the truck for that extra bit of dry storage. When the high temp for the day don't go above 40, I put on the Winter Front cover for the grill to keep everything a bit warmer.

The canopy is a LEER 100XQ that I got off of Craigslist for $475. It is the Dark Gray (almost black) from 03-04 Silverado's. I added a factory roof rack off of a 95 S10 Blazer and attached my THULE kayak racks to that. To be able to use my in bed tool box I had to take the lid off because it didn't clear the canopy and brackets.

I just wanted to post to show the pictures and to see what everyone else does for the winter months.

Man, that truck looks GREAT with the canopy on.....I like the Angry Suburban look. I can only hope when I buy my diesel this year, it looks half that good!

I noticed last night I couldn't get my truck up to temp. It was 23 out, could of used a winter cover huh?

Mine didn't have an issue, but it was time anyway...

Don't forget to check your tires, mine took a serious hit with the fast cool down.

I noticed last night I couldn't get my truck up to temp. It was 23 out, could of used a winter cover huh?

Wouldn't hurt. It takes my 88 forever to get up to temp when it's below 20 out.

Mine didn't have an issue, but it was time anyway...

Don't forget to check your tires, mine took a serious hit with the fast cool down.

Yeah, my tires are down a little now but once the snow hits I lower the pressure in them anyway - really helps traction in compact snow and ice.

Back